Re: Decorated baked food keeps changing

by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

Decorated baked food keeps changing

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make and decorate baked goods that have several types of decorations (such as brownies or sugar cookies). Save and exit the game, then return.
What happens when the bug occurs? Decorated baked goods are randomly changing their decorations. (and Lemon Bars seem to have one bugged decoration that looks the same as the plain ones)
What do you expect to see? I expect baked goods to keep the decoration type that was first applied to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to design a confection shop with every kind of sweet goodie my sims can get their hands on. But I was sad to find that decorated baked goods randomly changed design every time I leave and come back. It's making it impossible to have one of each on display, or to arrange them the way I'd like.

In addition the lemon bars seem to be lacking one decoration type, occasionally they still look like the plain bars after decorating. (there may or may not be other foods like this, I will continue looking into it)

The only custom content I use is a few CAS items.

Message 1 of 2 (407 Views)

Re: Decorated baked food keeps changing

★★★ Guide

Don't have anything except Cool Kitchen Stuff, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar and the Holiday Pack, but I wonder if it could be a memory issue with the game. Maybe, idk. 

Either a memory issue or the decorations are disappearing whenever you exit and reenter the game. Not sure what it could be. 

Again, I don't have any other packs except the three I mentioned above so I can't help much, sorry... 

I'm just trying to think of why it could be happening. 

Hope people see this and can help you though! 😊

Message 2 of 2 (380 Views)