Deathbox didn't spawn after finisher'd next to wall

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 980Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? plumity
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Mugyuu, PwnyMcPwnerson
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It's near bunker, you can see the map in the screenshot
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Screenshot below was taken shortly after a firefight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2, maybe?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.03.19 00:08, GMT+8
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? According to my teammate, what happened is that he was downed next to a wall where the screenshot was taken, and then got finisher-ed by an opponent. When we went to get his beacon to try and respawn him, we could not find his deathbox. We circled around the house but the deathbox was not there.
What should be happening instead? His deathbox should be where he died.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I suppose you can try getting downed up against a wall and have an opponent try to finisher you into the wall using one of the more dynamic finishers.

I can't submit this damn thing

Message 2 of 10 (449 Views)

Deathbox glitched into wall

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX Nvidia 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DaMofoPopo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Artillary
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. dead but respawnable
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 or 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/06/2019 @1630 hours
What happens when the bug occurs? I went down in a corner and was executed by an enemy. My deathbox then glitched into the wall into a place that my teamates could not pick up my banner
What should be happening instead? My death box should not glitch into walls
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea.

I went down in a corner and a finisher was used on me. When I was completely dead, my deathbox glitched into the wall and into a position that my teamates could not pick up my banner. 

Message 1 of 10 (482 Views)

Re: Deathbox glitched into wall

Community Manager

@DaMofoPopo 

Do you happen to have a screenshot or video where this happened? If it went behind a wall the dev team would need to know exactly where it happened to address it.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 10 (461 Views)

Re: Deathbox didn't spawn after finisher'd next to wall

Community Manager

Thanks for the report! We'll make sure this gets tracked. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 10 (437 Views)

★ Novice

No I do not. But I can tell you where it was. It was the stand alone warehouse towards the tunnels of artillery. Next time I get on, I will send a screen shot of the exact corner

Message 5 of 10 (450 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@DaMofoPopo 

Do you happen to have a screenshot or video where this happened? If it went behind a wall the dev team would need to know exactly where it happened to address it.

This is the wall that I was executed in. My box went into the corner and ended up inside of the wall. 
GLitched wall.png

Message 6 of 10 (442 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you @DaMofoPopo!

I moved your post over to this one so we have them all in the same place like we've been doing with players getting stuck in terrain. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Stuck-inside-terrain-under-map-mountain-cave-Can-t-move-or/td-...

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (425 Views)

Death Box stuck in dropshit cannot see box but can see the timer.

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Khronikos
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Dropship on top.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Dying.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Tons.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4/19/2019
What happens when the bug occurs? I was getting shot on the dropship's top portion. I was downed and preceded to crawl. Whatever happened when I was hit or shot next sent my entire box into the actual dropship. You could no longer see the box from above or below, but the timer was still visible.
What should be happening instead? My box should not disappear into the dropship.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can try testing various parts of the geometry on the dropship to see where the holes are.

Everything was explained above. My deathbox basically went through geometry and could not be handled as it had disappeared into the dropship. Has never happened before. Maybe once on other parts of the map.

Message 8 of 10 (433 Views)

Re: Deathbox didn't spawn after finisher'd next to wall

★★★★★ Newbie
When you do finisher on a player and no death box is there its caused by the player quiting the match mid finisher had it happen to me and randoms doing it go to get their banner but there is no box due to them quiting the game
Message 9 of 10 (378 Views)

Player cache after death fell under stairs

★★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080 GTX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Whiskct
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Hydro dam
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting a dead enemy
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.04.2019, 18:15 BST aroundish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Another player killed me on the stairs, he did a finisher and my cache dropped under the stairs. My teammates were unable to recover my banner due to this.
What should be happening instead? Cache should not go under the stairs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hydro dam, one of the small huts with stairs. Stand there, in the middle of the stairs, let an enemy kill you and do a finisher (Octane was the killer in my case, I was playing Lifeline). Cache drops under the stars and the banner cannot be looted.

All the info is above.

Message 10 of 10 (381 Views)