Dead sims disappear in family tree

by steffiice

Original Post

Dead sims disappear in family tree

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, spa day, dine out, parenthood, luxury party stuff, perfect patio stuff, movie hangout stuff, romantic garden stuff, kids room stuff, backyard stuff, vintage glamour stuff, bowling night stuff, fitness stuff, toddler stuff, laundry day stuff, tiny living stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Generation sims where parents have died
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims that I have created and are parents on the family tree that have passed away have been removed from the family tree and disappeared from the save (they don’t show up in the tree or as sims in the save, only the ea created sims remain) - frustrating as I’m on the fifth generation of a legacy challenge
What do you expect to see? I expect to see greyed ghost versions of the sims on the family tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was fine before the snowy escape patch - I did not check this intentionally when the patch happened, only noticed since updating

Not many of my saves have dead sim parents so I’m not sure how often this is happening but I tried to check all of my saves

Message 1 of 1 (252 Views)