by MamaRockit

Original Post

[OPEN] [OR] De-Stressing Decoction everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ll expansion packs. All game packs excluding the following: i don’t have wedding stories, dine out, jungle adventure, strangerville, vampires, the spell caster one, batu.. … Stuff packs all excluding: I don’t have lux party, cool kitchen, spooky, or the butler one. Definitely no kits 😂
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is the first save it’s ever happened to me … I do believe it’s the self sufficiency NAP I also have tech support… I’m using both for my storyline (tech support is a must or I can’t build rockets)
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims (excluding the household I use) make the remedy repeatedly… everywhere!!! I can’t delete the objects… only drink or put away which they do … one by one! 😭
What do you expect to see? expect NOT to see the remedy all over the neighbourhoods… or at least let us delete them… it’s making the common areas unusable . Bad NAP
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Anyone else dealing with this?

*all npc & sims from played households make de-stressing decoction at every single bbq in the neighbourhood(s)

I’m currently playing in two different neighbourhoods with this going on …
I have the self sufficiency NAP on those two households… but THIS has never happened before … and I CAN’T delete them!!!

Only options are to put away (which a sim will do .. one by one … back and forth from the fridge.)
Or to drink it …

This is happening OFF my lots as well as on them… what a pain! It’s ruining my save! 😭

This screen shot is in Newcrest … it’s not on a lot … I can’t click and drag them … NAPs shouldn’t do this!!!! 

please don’t tell me to install a mod to fix this… I’m on console and outsourcing the glitch is ridiculous. 

please don’t tell me to purchase a pack to fix this glitch … 

also … I need NAPs activated! (as much as I hate to use them .. they are super aggravating in my opinion) 

why do I need them activated??? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Because it’s the ONLY WAY TO BUILD A ROCKET!!!

and I needed to buy eco life in order to do it.

so annoyed right now … with my game … like the loading screens aren’t bad enough we get severe repeated lagging, broken dlc’s on release date and unacceptable glitches resulting from add insult conflicting with the base game.. 

ps it’s the base game that’s broken. 

It’s a love hate relationship with the sims 4… 

and at this rate … I don’t think I’m moving forward with the sims franchise… I’ll buy the competition releases first. 

also I saw last years thread… this issue is new for me … I’ve had both outdoor retreat and exclude for over a year and used that particular NAP… this is the first save this has happened and it needs to be fixed. 

the solutions to use cheats are a no go for me (I’ll disable my trophies so no thanks)

the solutions to use a mod is a no go for me (I’m on console.)

the solutions to deactivate NAPs is a no go for me (re:rocketship glitch)

also deactivating NAPs isn’t going to pick all those jars ups from all over the neighbourhoods.

so the solutions given were NOT solutions.

That’s why I’m beginning this thread again.

thanks for reading… this screenshot triggered me after severe lagging and not being able to use either build or CAS because of it… this just sent me over the edge. Lol 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, filled in  form from info given.

Message 1 of 39 (9,117 Views)

Re: [OR] De-Stressing Decoction everywhere

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've got this too. It's happening at public grills. Random Sims just taking turns to make it and then leaving them on the ground. At the Sand Bar they are all over the bar deck and there are people forming a little queue to use the grill to make more. They make one jar, put it on the floor then the next person after them does the same thing.

I've never seen this happen before at a public lot but did see it at a Sims house too while visiting a family I'd created who didn't have the herbalism skill.

Edit: So this is now officially doing my nut in. All guests to the house go straight to the grill and start making this. Even in my Sims home I can't do anything with them except drink them and/or put them in the fridge with "put away". Either that or go into build mode and delete all the jars all over the back yard. Guests stop conversations to do it and it's Sims that don't have the skill so they are all poor quality which makes the drinker unwell.

I just threw a birthday party and all the guests wanted to do was take turns making it on the grill until the grill was absolutely minging and the hostess had to keep cleaning it as the guests complained about it. So...not a great party!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 39 (8,968 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 39 (8,806 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This bug is stressing me out already!

I just made a club in a campsite and guess what Sims make on grills instead of barbecue? 

Yes, decoctions!

A lot of them on the ground, a literal mess.

Message 4 of 39 (8,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you have ECO pack this is from a NAP and not a bug.

Message 5 of 39 (8,761 Views)

Champion

This shouldn't even be possible. I play the Herbalism skill a lot and the ingredients for the destressing dedoction are rare, yet everyone is making them without the ingredients at every single gathering. If you check that person's inventory they don't have the ingredients.

I don't set NAPs, though some set automatically in unplayed worlds at the start and it's every world now where it's happening regardless of which NAPs were set. In houses, in gardens, in parks. Jars litter the ground afterwards too and you can't use them as they don't belong to you. It makes cleanup tricky to say the least. I'm on console so can't share saves and I'm taking a break from the Sims right now despite my 50+ packs (I've got all except Vampires, Werewolves, Star Wars, Modern Menswear and Bust the Dust) because I'm fed up of all these bugs that remain unfixed in such an expensive product. We devote such attention and hard work but no other product would get away with being so broken. No repairs on another product would be allowed to wait for years.

Bugs like this that take over, they ruin gameplay. You can't hold a social event or visit a public space or even another house without people at an available grill/oven all making these things. Weddings, birthdays, you name it. NPCs head straight to the grill/oven and just line the jars up. You can't engage with them. No point in a family visit as they are focused on this.

I need to reach through the screen and grab one for myself after playing! So instead I'm playing a different game that loads up, plays and works! It's just a shame it's not the game that cost more than anything else in my house and took me years to build. Now pass me one of those little jars someone....cheers!!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 6 of 39 (8,734 Views)

Sims constantly making de-stressing potions

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every expansion, every game pack except werewolves, every stuff pack except bowling, and a few kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a grill on your home lot or any lot in the sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will constantly go up to the grill and make de-stressing potions. It happens even if they are not stressed. I will attach a picture of what it looks like. They will constantly keep making it till the yard or park is full. This could be your sims, unplayed sims, and especially ghosts.
What do you expect to see? no de-stressing potions all over
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started a couple of patches ago. I'm not sure after which patch since it has been a while.

This happens frequently. I have had to place a fence around my sims grill so they would stop making it all the time. I found previous forums about this happening two years ago but on stoves. 

Message 7 of 39 (8,566 Views)

Re: Sims constantly making de-stressing potions

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 What NAPs do you have active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 39 (8,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have Clean Energy Production, Eco-Friendly Appliances, Upcycling Initiative, and Self-Sufficiency as the NAPs. I'm having the potion glitch though in every save and I have different NAPs for the most part. I can try to locate a common one?

Message 9 of 39 (8,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crlnrlct
Message 10 of 39 (8,339 Views)