Re: Dates end immediately

by crinrict

Original Post

Dates end immediately

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go on a date. Only started happening after i installed Eco life, i think.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the date starts 15-30s later it is over saying it is completed and the date just disappears.
What do you expect to see? The date to be able to be played out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only after eco life did i notice this was happening.

This could be happening with social events to

Message 1 of 10 (5,176 Views)

Hero
@GetTowedKid are these NPC invites or Dates you initiate with your active Sim ?

Any Occults involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Are you using your phone to ask an NPC on a date?  I had this happening a lot too, until I figured out what was happening:  My date wasn't actually available at the time.  I was calling during their work, or whatever, so they would arrive at the restaurant (I like using restaurants, your date will mostly stay put and interact with you, instead of having to chase them around another venue like Pepe LePew...) but then immediately get back to work.  Once I figured out what was happening, I started inviting them to hangout at my house first.  If they were available on the "Ask to hangout" menu, and then show up, then they aren't busy and you'll be able to go on a date with them.

Also- ask a potential date about their career.  Once you've done that, you can see their schedule in the Relationships menu, so if you want to date a specific sim you'll know when you can ask them.  In my case, I usually don't care who I go out with, I just need to fill the Love Day or Serial Romantic requirements lol.

Message 3 of 10 (5,105 Views)

Hero
@GetTowedKid Are you still having issues with this ? Are they invites or do you initiate them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for me too, for some time when another Sim calls my Sim and invites them on a date. Almost immediately the active date box on the top left disappears, and so does the Sim who invited me, leaving my Sim alone on the lot. I have no mods installed. 

Message 5 of 10 (4,956 Views)

Hero
@Player_6eqfkom2 So for you it's when you get invited out ? Please use this thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Dates-getting-automatically-canceled-Invite-by-NPC/td-p/110253...

OP never got back to me if that was the same issue for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (4,905 Views)

★★ Pro

So I asked a sim out, we went on a date but it ended about immediately and I got the "bronze medal" for it. My date was a grocery delivery guy.

Message 7 of 10 (4,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me now, and its never happened until i downloaded eco life. My date is a teen and does not have work  or school I've used both the phone and the flirtation social menu to ask him on a date. All times; once we've reached the location I can interact with him for a few times and then the date ends. I honestly wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that the dates aren't counting for the romance aspiration that i have equipped. I do have some mods installed though, does anyone have a clue as to what mod would cause this?

Message 8 of 10 (1,275 Views)

Hero
@Mom0Z Is your teen a vamp ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,263 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Something similar happened to me just now. My child sim sent a playful message to his friend, so she asked him to come over and hang out. The timer said just under four hours, and then it was suddenly over very fast. My sim is human, no occults. The other kid is a random townie, but I think she's human too. I've never had that happen before.

Message 10 of 10 (1,047 Views)