by GladOS-013

Original Post

Darth revan force storm

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Note 9
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Darth revan force storm not giving speed from ferocity
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Darth revan is faster I use Force storm for giving my team ferocity This should technically give +75 speed to my team But enemy team still takes a turn
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country

See above 

Message 1 of 10 (793 Views)

Re: Darth revan force storm

Hi @vinitwins and thanks for the report! Can you provide a little more information?

What team are you using? Is Darth Revan your leader? What team is your opponent using?

Just because your team is given a +75 speed boost does not mean the other team never gets to take a turn. Your team isn't being granted bonus turn meter - they are gaining speed, but only take a turn when their turn meter bar is full. The extra speed just means they will fill their tm bars faster.

If my Darth Revan is 331 speed, and I attack an enemy who has 330 speed Darth Revan - his Darth Revan will go second, even if Force Storm boosts my Bastila up to 350. This is because his Darth Revan is at 99% turn meter when Force Storm occurs, and he only has to fill a tiny bit of his tm bar to go first - whereas my Bastila would have a much larger segment of tm bar to fill, despite now being faster.

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the explanation. 

I'm using drevan (l) with fastilla malak trooper hk

My drevan is quite fast at 328

Enemy drevan 323-326

Enemy fastila 305-309

At what speed will my fastilla with a +75 speed boost go immediately after enemy drevan but before enemy fastilla? 

Message 3 of 10 (780 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

By my calculations, if their Bastila fallen has a speed of 309, then your Bastila fallen would need a speed of 305 if your Revan goes first and uses Force Storm.  

If your Revan goes first at 328 speed, then an enemy Bastila at 309 would have her tm bar filled at 94.2%.  Your Bastila at 305 would be filled at 93.0%.  

This means that in order to fill up the rest of the turn meter bar, yours needs to travel 7%, while the enemy Bastila only needs to travel 5.8%.  In order for your Bastila to make up that difference, her speed needs to be 375 in order to travel that distance faster, and if she started at 305 and got +75 from Ferocity, then she will be at 380 and can go before the enemy Bastila.  

Conversely, if your Bastila is at 304 in the same scenario, her tm bar will only be 92.7% full, and in order to travel 7.3% in the time it takes the enemy to travel 5.8%, she needs to be 391 speed. Since 304+75 = 379, this scenario starting at 304 will make your Bastila go second.  

Edit - For the purposes of this explanation, I rounded numbers to 2-3 digits.  I actually put the numbers into Excel where it wasn't rounding, but was using full numbers.  

[ Edited ]

Oh, here are the speed ranges for the whole range you gave me:  

Theirs 305 - yours 300

Theirs 306 - yours 302

Theirs 307 - yours 303

Theirs 308 - yours 304

Theirs 309 - yours 305

For the purposes of this scenario, the enemy Revan is irrelevant. The AI always uses Insanity first. If your Revan uses Force Storm, then your Malak will taunt, and their Revan will use Insanity on Malak, giving Fear to Revan and Malak, but leaving Bastila untouched. She can then take a turn and won't have Corrupted Battle Meditation from the enemy Bastila, and can use Fear.

★★★★ Novice

Ok, the FS is still not working as intended 

My drevan 328

Enemy drevan 313

My bsf 295

Enemy 300

As per your explanation  my bsf should go before enemy bsf IF i use FS as my opening move.

Nope, not happening. 

I ran the calculations  at 295 my bsf should go before enemy bsf at 300 taking initial TM difference (at original speed) and balance TM gain at enhanced speed for my bsf

Please check! 

Message 6 of 10 (715 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Had to remod my bsf to 297 in order to go before enemy bsf at 300...

Those numbers don't make sense, because as per ability descriptions, my bsf should technically be faster even at 294 speed!!
Message 7 of 10 (702 Views)

Hi @vinitwins ! My math was correct, but there are a few assumptions I had to make. For example, it's possible that EA's tm bar system rounds every time a character takes a turn. When your Darth Revan takes his first turn, if the enemy Bastila is at 91.4%, then it's possible the game rounds up to 92% (gaining 0.6%), and it might round again when the enemy Revan takes a turn.

I don't know exactly how the turn meter calculations are calculated - I assumed they would use exact numbers, but if it's rounding to exact numbers, then my math might be off by 1-2 speed points.

Sorry my initial numbers didn't work out for you. Unfortunately, since we don't know the exact mechanics of turn meter gain, a little experimentation will help shore up the lack of knowledge.

★★★★ Novice
Yep, that's what I thought as well.

Which would kind of negate the usefulness of FS to speed up the team.

I guess the only way is to keep bsf faster than the enemy (if drevan is slower) OR within 2-3 speed points (if drevan is faster).
Message 9 of 10 (683 Views)

I've found that as long as my Revan is faster than theirs, it doesn't matter if my Bastila is slower than my opponent's. If my Revan is slower than theirs, then I need my Bastila to be faster than theirs. As long as one of my two is faster than theirs, then I can win.

If both are slower, then I might as well just forfeit. :P