Darth Traya damage bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Nox
OS Version 6.1.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 158-957-683
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Damage against teams with Darth Traya is incredibly low. It doesn't happen all the time, but once every couple of battles I will see a hit for a total of 3 damage. In the screenshot attached, Han received tenacity up, but that was the only buff he received since his last turn. 50% offense loss wouldn't drop his damage to 3. Also, it is not clear to me that Traya's leadership would persist after she died. The other member not shown is Sion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All I can say is fight battles against Traya. I am running Rex, CLS, Han, DN, Thrawn. The team I was fighting had Traya lead, DN, Sion, Wampa, and Nest, but that enemy team composition is not always the same when the bug occurs.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Damage against teams with Darth Traya is incredibly low.  It doesn't happen all the time, but once every couple of battles I will see a hit for a total of 3 damage.  In the screenshot attached, Han received tenacity up, but that was the only buff he received since his last turn.  50% offense loss wouldn't drop his damage to 3.  Also, it is not clear to me that Traya's leadership would persist after she died.  The other member not shown is Sion. 

Capture.PNG
Message 1 of 12 (1,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Darth Traya damage bug

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ATMDemonHunter and thank you for the report.

Darth Tray's leader ability persists until the end of the encounter/battle, even when she is dead (all leader abilities are working that way).

Therefore, since Han gained his Tenacity Up outside of his turn, he correctly lost 50% offense. Depending on your opponent's Dart Nihilus stats and considering that Han's "Shots First" bonus attack is dealing 50% less damage anyways, it is completely possible to deal such a small damage number.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,011 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ATMDemonHunter and thank you for the report.

Darth Tray's leader ability persists until the end of the encounter/battle, even when she is dead (all leader abilities are working that way).

Therefore, since Han gained his Tenacity Up outside of his turn, he correctly lost 50% offense. Depending on your opponent's Dart Nihilus stats and considering that Han's "Shots First" bonus attack is dealing 50% less damage anyways, it is completely possible to deal such a small damage number.

Message 2 of 12 (2,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick response.  Can you tell me which stats on DN would combine to cause this?  If it's working as designed, then it's something I need to look out for before the fight begins...

Message 3 of 12 (1,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Let me give you some numbers that I think are relevant.  My Han's offense is 2922. 50% less and then 50% less again is 730. DN's armor is 38.26% but I have armor penetration of 149. DN's TM was above 50% for the first shot, but I'm not sure whether it was reduced below 50% before or after the 2nd shot...so let's give benefit of the doubt and say I don't get the 75% additional damage for low TM.  How would I calculate the range of damage Han would be expected to get?

Message 4 of 12 (1,537 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think this is a little hard to figure out, since they don't make defense easy to understand. But from some of the calculators I've dug up and being generous with when the 500 damage variance is taken off, the lowest Ive calculated for a potential hit on Han's basic is a few hundred damage points. Add on top of that that Nihilus appears to have defense down in your photo.

Message 5 of 12 (1,523 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We've double checked it with the same team compositions and saw damage to Traya as low as 5 and damage to Nihilus as low as 2.

I will dig a bit more into it and see if I can get more information.

Message 6 of 12 (1,517 Views)

EA Live QV Team

OK, we've figured....the offense reduction is -100% since they are applied in total and not one after another, resulting in the low damage. This is working as intended.

Message 7 of 12 (1,507 Views)

Ouch. As a player, I assumed that rather than reducing the character offense for that bonus attack, the game would perform the attack as normal, and then take the result, divide it by 2, and then post that damage.

It doesn't say this second shot has -50% offense after all - it says it deals 50% less damage. If nothing else, the terminology is inconsistent and can lead to confusion like this.

Could we flag Han's "Shoots First" unique skill description as a bug if this is the case, @EA_HighCommand ?

★★★★ Novice

I find this pretty incredible and is different than any math person would have ever believed.  Does it work the same way for buffs?  In other words, if you got two buffs out of turn, your damage is now effectively 0?  I really think we need better words in game if this is how things work.

Message 9 of 12 (1,494 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is wrong. The offense loss is supposed to be multiplicative not additive. If traya removes 50 and han loses 50 then Han should be at 25% offense not zero. How is this working as intended....?

Message 10 of 12 (1,334 Views)