Darth Sion AoE being countered by characters with retribution

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone SE
OS Version iOS 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 261-187-434
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Darth Sion’s AoE ability gets countered by characters with retribution even though the ability removes all buffs from the other team and without retribution those characters have 0% counter chance.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use his AoE against enemies with retribution that don’t gain counter chance from anything except the retribution.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

Characters I was countered by are General Kenobi, Captain Rex, Mother Talzin, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Wampa. No one was fractured, so Thrawn’s counter chance should have been 0%. Wampa I understand countering, but it’s the other 4 that’s shouldn’t have countered.
Message 1 of 16 (990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Darth Sion AoE being countered by characters with retribution

Thanks for the reports everyone. This IS working as intended:

Darth Sion's "Torment" ability clearly states that it deals Physical Damage to all enemies and THEN dispels all buffs on them.

Compare that skill to Embo's basic, which states that it dispels all buffs AND deals damage, or Death Trooper's "Death Trooper Grenade" which states that it deals Physical Damage to all enemies AND dispels all buffs on them.

It's describing two separate actions with the same skill - the first one is unavoidable damage (thus allowing it to work on characters with Foresight). This damage means that anyone who counterattacks (due to Retribution or Legendary Battle Meditation) will trigger the counter. Then, all buffs are removed. Now that Torment has finished, each character who triggered a counterattack will now execute that action.

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (994 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @White_Boy-2101 and thank you for your report.

We've tested this today but were unable to reproduce the issue.

Could you provide us with more details (your team composition, your opponent's exact team composition) and screenshots or a video, that would help us to investigate this further? Thank you!

Message 2 of 16 (973 Views)

★★ Novice
My team comp was Emperor Palpatine Heart Darth Vader, sith trooper, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion. The enemy’s team was rex Heart general kenobi, Grand Admiral thrawn, mother talzin, and wampa. I am unable attach video or photo evidence at the moment, but i will be sure to record the next time I face this team.
Message 3 of 16 (968 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m trying to attach a video but it says the file type is not supported. How do I send a supported file type? I’m on mobile currently
Message 4 of 16 (956 Views)

★★ Novice

As you can see no one was fractured, so Thrawn should not have countered. Both him and General Kenobi have no base counter chance but countered anyway. Mother Talzin did not have retribution and therefore did not counter attack. I lost the battle to set this up so hopefully it gets fixed. I would have sent the video but it kept saying the file type was not supported.

IMG_1756.PNG
IMG_1757.PNG
Message 5 of 16 (951 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I think that the counter could be right though, because first damage is dealt, while counter is there, only after that the dispell would hit, after already triggering the counter. Or is my analysis wrong?
Message 6 of 16 (930 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You can upload a video to youtube and then link it.

As for the issue, it appears to be WAI. Sion does damage first, then removes buffs, and it even says so explicitly in the ability description. I think why you're seeing a problem here is the animation order with counter like with the deathtrooper daze and double shot. So Sion attacks, does damage, a counter attacked is queue'd, then he dispells buffs. The counter animation comes after, but was really proc'ed before the dispell. So all appears to be well here.
Message 7 of 16 (923 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Sounds absolutely right, Hoenur
Message 8 of 16 (903 Views)

This is different to how Fives ship works though. A target locked opponent with retribution will have the buff dispelled when hit by Fives basic, and they don't counter.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 16 (891 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly. All abilities that dispel work like that, so why not this one?
Message 10 of 16 (856 Views)