Re: Darth Sion AoE being countered by characters with retribution

by OhMyCaptain

Original Post

★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand is this how the ability is supposed to work?
Message 11 of 16 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was noticing today that against a Commander Luke lead team with a Palpatine, and Sion Sith team Thrawn was countering when he didn't even have fracture up, and there was no retribution.  I will look out for it again though to be more sure.

Message 12 of 16 (486 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sion's ability is specifically worded differently, "Deal physical damage to all enemies and then dispel all buffs on them."  So it hits first, then dispels, so retribution goes off.

Message 13 of 16 (472 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've ran in to this issue myself and no other character the cleanses buffs gets counter attacked from characters with Retribution. This can't be working correctly.

Message 14 of 16 (436 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's also happening against characters with legendary battle meditation.

Message 15 of 16 (394 Views)

Thanks for the reports everyone. This IS working as intended:

Darth Sion's "Torment" ability clearly states that it deals Physical Damage to all enemies and THEN dispels all buffs on them.

Compare that skill to Embo's basic, which states that it dispels all buffs AND deals damage, or Death Trooper's "Death Trooper Grenade" which states that it deals Physical Damage to all enemies AND dispels all buffs on them.

It's describing two separate actions with the same skill - the first one is unavoidable damage (thus allowing it to work on characters with Foresight). This damage means that anyone who counterattacks (due to Retribution or Legendary Battle Meditation) will trigger the counter. Then, all buffs are removed. Now that Torment has finished, each character who triggered a counterattack will now execute that action.