Darth Maul Zeta Stealth Expiring before turn

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Apple
OS Version 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 986843228
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Darth Maul Zeta Lead Ending prematurely
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch a battle with all Sith and ZMaul Lead (or all sith but one character).
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Darth Maul's Zeta lead that grants stealth to all allies at the beginning of the encounter is ending early.  I start a battle and before anyone has taken a turn, stealth is off on on of my sith before they've acted.  They haven't taken a turn yet, so they should have stealth through their first attack.  

Message 1 of 7 (429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Darth Maul Zeta Stealth Expiring before turn

EA Live QV Team

Hi @CDodzdo and thank you for the report.

The stealth from Darth Maul's leader ability "Dancing Shadows" indeed expires at the beginning of a characters turn and converts into Advantage. This is working as intended.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (349 Views)

All Replies

What enemy squads are you facing when this occurs? Do they get to take any actions, or is a member of your squad going first, yet no one is in stealth?

★★ Novice

I was fighting in stage 1 of GW as a test.  My team gets to go first.  Dooku was the fasted on my team so he went first but wasn't stealthed.  Opponent was a mismash, didn't have anyone fun like plo koon that would strip my stealth and didn't get a turn so shouldn't have been a factor. See attached picture.

IMG_2104.PNG
Message 3 of 7 (414 Views)

I've never really thought about it much, since I don't have a zeta on Maul. However, looking at the mechanics as listed on swgoh.gg, it appears that Stealth expires at the start of a turn, as opposed to the end of turn for most other effects.

There do appear to be inconsistencies though. Aurra Sing's stealth expires at the end of "2 full turns", whereas Maul and Sith Assassin stealth expire "at the start of turn." It's certainly worth investigating to see if these inconsistencies are intended - and if so, providing better descriptions so players know what to expect from the abilities.

★★ Novice

I don't see what purpose expiring at the start of turn would serve.  Why even be in stealth in the first place.  The only thing I could think of is if the enemy goes first then your team would have stealth, but is useless at the start of the encounter if your team goes first.  It works against the maul lead if your team is fighting someone who counters since they won't gain the "can't be critically hit while stealthed" . I suppose one benefit is that, in that picture, Dooku gains advantage on first turn since stealth expired.  Just feels inconsistent and unintended.

Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)

★★ Guide

You've already stated the benefit, the Stealth converts to Advantage at the start of their turn.

Message 6 of 7 (362 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @CDodzdo and thank you for the report.

The stealth from Darth Maul's leader ability "Dancing Shadows" indeed expires at the beginning of a characters turn and converts into Advantage. This is working as intended.

Message 7 of 7 (350 Views)