Re: Darth Malak didn't inflict fear on opponent while getting critical hit

by EnigmaPotatoes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Darth Malak didn't inflict fear on opponent while getting critical hit

★★★★★ Novice

As recorded in my run in below link, opponent didn't get fear while Malak got critical hit.  This happened several times in the battle.  

https://youtu.be/6ztuDX5F31E

Message 1 of 6 (453 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide
@leoceryw 2:08-2:10 - Shaak Ti uses Assault team, giving Wrecker 100% TM and calls him to assist. The assist crits, Wrecker immediately misses his next turn due to fear. It is hard to see because he takes the turn straight after the assists.

2:30-2:35 Is similar. Shaak uses Training Exercises on Wrecker. He is called to assist twice and misses his next turn to fear. It happened too quickly for the debuff to actually show on him, but you see the "fear" text pop up and he misses his turn.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (403 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@leoceryw Nothing looked unusual in the video from what I saw. Every Crit caused fear.

In 3v3, there are big jumps in Turn Meter and it is easy to miss when units take their feared turn. It all happens very quickly.
Message 2 of 6 (431 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
2:08-2:10, Wrecker critical hit, didn't get feared

didn't get fear again @ 2:30-2:35 on Wrecker while he critical hit

Most of the part looked normal, sometimes fear just didn't get applied.

It wasn't just my battles, some of my guild mates noticed the same thing too in their battles.  The fear wasn't applied properly.  Anyone can test it in arena and record your battle and double check.  
Message 3 of 6 (415 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@leoceryw 2:08-2:10 - Shaak Ti uses Assault team, giving Wrecker 100% TM and calls him to assist. The assist crits, Wrecker immediately misses his next turn due to fear. It is hard to see because he takes the turn straight after the assists.

2:30-2:35 Is similar. Shaak uses Training Exercises on Wrecker. He is called to assist twice and misses his next turn to fear. It happened too quickly for the debuff to actually show on him, but you see the "fear" text pop up and he misses his turn.
Message 4 of 6 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the comments, I tried to slow down the video to 0.25X speed and still didn't see what you mentioned about **fear** text popped up in the screen.

I also tried to look at the turn meter of wrecker and others and hard to believe that Wrecker actually missed the next turn.  
But thanks for the time checking.  Like I said, not just myself saw this problem, but maybe you are right that it happened pretty fast and the visual graphic just couldn't catch up, or there is actually a bug, but just not showing up consistently.

Message 5 of 6 (338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@leoceryw Since the text only appears one word at a time, relevant words can be significantly delayed, appearing only after the status effect has gone.

Message 6 of 6 (314 Views)