Skin tones are extremely blotchy and pixelated on console

by capital_copycat

Original Post

Dark Skin tones textures around nose/eyes/mouth (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most, this is not anything to do with packs though.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a custom dark skin tone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eye area has a "mask" texture.
What do you expect to see? A normal skin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got the new skin update which was supposed to fix this.

This shows the broken detail.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (3,374 Views)

Re: New Skin Tones Broken And Still Have Texture Issues

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MellloDino Sorry for the super late response. What CC do you have?
Message 2 of 14 (3,206 Views)

Black miscellaneous skin doesn't look right

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the skin color.
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't look right around the nose.
What do you expect to see? Good skin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All colors look good to me except this one. The picture shows the brightness to lowest and max.

Message 3 of 14 (3,183 Views)

Re: Dark Skin tones textures around nose/eyes (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict Our problem is not the same. All other skin tones for me are fine. It's only the black miscellaneous I see a problem with.

EDIT: Been looking over all skin tones and found more problems actually. Many of the dark skin tones have this problem on the nose. Especially if you play around with brightness. On the darkcool.png you can also see it above the mouth.

Message 4 of 14 (3,119 Views)

Re: Dark Skin tones textures around nose/eyes (Patch 1.69)

Hero
@SisterGloomy For the moment I think it's fine to have one thread for skin tone discolorations. If there was one for every skin tone, there would be too many.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (3,093 Views)

Unsure if skin tone bug

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? The skin around the mouth had a green tint to it.
What do you expect to see? If this is a bug and not part of the gameplay, then I recommend removing the issue.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't seen this as part of the symptoms when my Sims gets sick but that's what I thought when I saw this sim. Is this a bug? I found it again, after removing the mods, and the noses were affected too. 

Message 6 of 14 (3,083 Views)

Skin tones are extremely blotchy and pixelated on console

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the EPs, Strangerville, ROM, Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living stuff, Romantic Garden stuff, Toddler Stuff, MFPS, Moschino Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim and move them into a lot. It's easier to see the pixelation and blotchiness on darker sims
What happens when the bug occurs? The skin looks great in CAS but it becomes pixelated and blotchy once you're in live mode.
What do you expect to see? My sims skin shouldn't be pixelated or blotchy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console, never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here are a few examples of sims and their skin tones, it feels like they were never fixed.

Message 7 of 14 (2,957 Views)

Re: Dark Skin tones textures around nose/eyes/mouth (Patch 1.69)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same discoloration around the eyes. It only shows up on some darker skin tones when using the custom slider towards the left end.

Message 8 of 14 (2,883 Views)

Skintones STILL splotchy Feb 2021

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I've currently been experiencing an annoying issue regarding some skintones in my game. I play on a Dell G7 and have no problems whatsoever running the game itself, but I noticed that a good handful of skintones seem... pixelated or just have weird discoloration? I run my game on Ultra settings and I have uncompressed textures checked, so I know that's not the issue. My graphics card is up to date and everything else is fine except the skins? I'm not sure if I'll just have to wait for EA to fix this in a patch or what but from what I've found on Google, no one else is having this issue? 

My specs are:

NVIDIA GTX 1060

Intel i7

16gb of ram

1TB ssd

Message 9 of 14 (2,803 Views)

Re: Skintones STILL splotchy Feb 2021

Hero
@montyranch Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please click me too on the firs post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (2,774 Views)