Re: Damage over Time and Bomb Damage Not Killing

by aaronnemoyten

Original Post

Damage over Time and Bomb Damage Not Killing

★ Novice

Currently damage over time effects (DOTs) and Bombs do not incapacitate/kill targets. Is this an intended in game effect? Darth Vader/Greedo/Darth Sidious all have either DOTs damage or Bombs and when triggered do not neutralize targets.

Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TexasPVP wrote:

Currently damage over time effects (DOTs) and Bombs do not incapacitate/kill targets. Is this an intended in game effect? Darth Vader/Greedo/Darth Sidious all have either DOTs damage or Bombs and when triggered do not neutralize targets.

I'd say the DoT side of things is intended, I'm fairly sure it does more damage the more max health they have (It slams bosses for me from what I've seen, I kinda stopped paying attention to their damage numbers a while back though). This is pretty regular in games to stop people from killing bosses with DoTs when their health is so high the DoT is stronger than any of your normal attacks.

But the bombs side of things, this should DEFINITELY kill targets, or else Gunray and Greedo have some broken-arse attacks, waiting 5 and 2 turns and if they're that close to dying it will just feel like a waste.

Message 2 of 4 (386 Views)

★★ Guide

I've stopped taking Greedo into battle for just this reason. A long wait on his thermal det and when it does explode the damage is weak. Level on him right now is 55

Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)

★ Guide

DOT and Bombs can't currently kill, but we'd like to change that in a future update.

Message 4 of 4 (343 Views)