Re: LSTAR not LMG?

by LylowGaming-TTV

Original Post

Damage dealt with L-STAR doesn't count towards LMG damage in weekly challenge.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Don't know but I don't think it really matters in this situation.
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Waxymix
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic and Wattson
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Slum Lakes
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting an L-STAR
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) about 7:00 AM at 7/21/2019 GMT+3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I was shooting an L-Star (which is an LMG according to the armory) and later when I checked back to look at the weekly challenge "Deal 4000 damage with light machine guns" I saw that the number of damage I dealt has unchanged at 1954 even though I downed two players with it. It may be because I picked it up from an enemy's deathbox.
What should be happening instead? The number should have went up by at least 200 damage points.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Maybe the damage dealt with an L-Star just doesn't count as LMG damage?

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Don't know but I don't think it really matters in this situation.
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Waxymix
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Wattson
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Slum Lakes
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting an L-Star
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) about 7:00 AM at 7/21/2019 GMT+3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? I was shooting an L-Star (which is an LMG according to the armory) and later when I checked back to look at the weekly challenge "Deal 4000 damage with light machine guns" I saw that the number of damage I dealt has unchanged at 1954 even though I downed two players with it. It may be because I picked it up from an enemy's deathbox.
What should be happening instead? The number should have went up by at least 200 damage points.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Maybe the damage dealt with an L-Star just doesn't count as LMG damage?

Message 3 of 5 (660 Views)

LSTAR not LMG?

★★★ Newbie

So, why do my kills with the LSTAR not count as LMG kills? The LSTAR is an LMG, I get two kills with it in a match, and yet the challenge to do so isn't finished. Why is this?

Message 1 of 5 (714 Views)

★★ Pro
@carbolode I think it counts for carepack weapon kills instead mate.
Message 2 of 5 (712 Views)

Community Manager

@Waxymix 

Moved some other comments over here found in another post. We've made the team aware of this and as @Anlbrd said, the L-STAR will count as a "care package" weapon challenge and we recommend picking up the regular LMG's found scattered around Kings Canyon to complete that LMG challenge.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm glad I found this thread, because I was literally about to create one, almost word-for-word as this one here.

I appreciate the reasoning - that these are care package weapons....but we're up to season 3 now, and it's still (obviously) an issue.

Can this particular idiosyncrasy be communicated a bit better somehow? Section off Care Package weapons in the Armory perhaps? Something.

Unfortunately for me, I wasted my time, using an L-Star, actually passing over other LMG's because I thought I was already carrying an LMG.

As someone who's gaming time is at a premium, losing 30 minutes or so, and having to do the missions over again, because of "incorrectly labelled weapon", is frustrating as all heck.

Message 5 of 5 (522 Views)