Re: Damage bleeds through shields on Caustic and Gibraltar (patch error?)

by Littlxr

Original Post

Damage bleeds through shields on Caustic and Gibraltar (patch error?)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ViIefox
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic and Gibraltar
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All parts
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Getting shot at
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Happens every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When getting shot whilst playing as Caustic or Gibraltar, I've noticed their health will deplete ALONGSIDE their shields, despite having shields left. Basically meaning you lose a portion of health unfairly and are either forced to run with less health than other legends or waste syringes topping it back up. You can see a portion of your health reduce even though you've got full shields. I think this is an error implemented with the "fortified" patch where the 10% damage reduction is somehow responsible. When looking over the footage and paying attention to my teammates health bars, they do not deplete with the shields, only after shields are fully depleted as the game intends. I haven't actually tested the other characters, but from watching my teammates' health bars in the recorded footage, they've all seemed normal. play as a Caustic main, so this is pretty big for me - it's bad enough that our hit boxes make us easier to hit in the first place without some unnatural health leech.
What should be happening instead? Shields should deplete fully before any health is consumed!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as Caustic or Gibraltar whilst wearing shields (I've used blue and purple to test) and get shot. Watch your health deplete slightly even though you have shields left. I have videos of the event saved on my console if needed.

Attempting to attach videos.

Link 1

Link 2

Message 1 of 6 (403 Views)

★★ Guide
This forum is a poor method for bug reports. I've attempted four times to upload videos showing the issue but all have failed despite submitting and uploading correctly. I'll keep trying nevertheless.
Message 2 of 6 (396 Views)

★★ Guide

Am I the only one? ..

Message 3 of 6 (302 Views)

Re: Caustic Nox Gas Damage Buff Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello @MachineTh1ng, thanks for reporting this issue! I've merged your thread with this one that describes the same issue.

You are not the only one @Littlxr, I've seen multiple reports about this. 

Also, I would suggest uploading the bug video to a third party website (I prefer YouTube) and then just link it here: works much better!

Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for your response there, I managed to do that in the end via Vimeo, the links should be above.

I just want to clarify however that you've merged these threads, but I feel that they're actually separate issues. Both were likely caused at the same time (upon the implementation of the latest patch) but are different problems of course.

My issue refers to Caustic and Gibraltar's health depleting when their shields are still present, and MachineTh1ng's issue refers to the damage that Caustic deals with his traps being incorrect. 

Just wanted to highlight the difference. Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 6 (290 Views)

Oops! My bad! You are absolutely right @Littlxr, I've moved the message out.  

Regarding your bug, I think I've had a related issue: I got the message 'use syringe' when playing as Gibraltar while my shields were taken damage. Kind of weird while I still had shields.

Your video shows the damage taken perfectly! (This bug is probably a side-effect of the most recent patch.)

Thanks for reporting it and also uploading the videos, they help the developers find out the bugs and reproduce them!

Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)