Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG after Season 13 update (ver 3.0.7.26)

by ChildishHambiino

Original Post

★ Apprentice

It's rubbish! Every other game is crashing for me now with the device hung error message and there are no fixes that work. Makes it unplayable!

Message 11 of 114 (2,120 Views)

★ Apprentice

So, if you're using steam, go to steam-->settings-->>downloads-->> and delete your download cache. Just played 6 in a row without any crashes so far.

Message 12 of 114 (2,103 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried this but am still getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

Message 13 of 114 (2,088 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have these game breaking bugs as well, first the one OP said and now the one attached as a photo. I played on day 1 (3 dc in one match, finished second because of it) and just now i tried again with the new nvidia driver, same issue. Total crash, straight to desktop.

Message 14 of 114 (2,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: The "steam-->settings-->>downloads-->> and delete your download cache" does seem to fix the issue for me but I need to do it every time I reboot my PC and only after I get a steam update for both Steamworks and Apex itself will the fix stay in place. I'm assuming this is a data cache issue of some sort.

Message 15 of 114 (1,920 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try turning off all of your overlays. I had to turn of NVIDIA and Discord overlay and haven't had a crash in 5 hours.

Message 16 of 114 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Got NVIDIA overlay turned off. This morning I had Discord running, Apex crashed, turned Discord off entirely went back into Apex and crashed again after a minute or so. Then deleted the download cache and haven't had a crash since.

Message 17 of 114 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update: Ok for me it's definitely happening only when im playing mirage (and it happened all the time since i main him). No problems with the others, but im on Origin with no overlays except the Origin one

Message 18 of 114 (1,875 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the very same issue after Season 13 update. I have never had this error in the past. It is occurring almost every game.

I have tried to disable all the overlays, updated every driver and verified I have current Microsoft C++ redistributable 

Message 19 of 114 (1,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me after Nvidia driver update. Running evga 3070 xc3

Message 20 of 114 (1,726 Views)