Re: DXGI-DEVICE-ERROR-REMOVED (new)

by Kawaii-N3ko-77

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

gonna have to try this tomorrow, but quickly one last thing. When you say "You connect up the old PSU into the wall and connect the CPU or ATX plug into the motherboard with the missing power sockets"

are you referring to the little 4 pin connector on my motherboard (shown in figure 2 (b) of the image) as the 'missing sockets' ?

Im fairly comfortable with the paperclip steps and what not, but is that 4 pin connector the only thing my old PSU will be connected through?

Message 71 of 99 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

When i mean wall i mean mains outlet and yes A and B needs to be filled with the power connectors if they are not already.

Yep the rest of your hardware should be powered fine, GPU has the two power slots filled and the motherboard just needs the extra slot filled.

Message 72 of 99 (536 Views)

★ Guide

Looking at my PC now the only empty socket is the small 4 pin one. figure A already seems to be taken up.

Message 73 of 99 (532 Views)

Champion

Cool then yeah.

Each 4 pin socket can supply 75watts  75+75=150w but your CPU is rated for 180w so 75x3=225w

Message 74 of 99 (524 Views)

★ Guide

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Will do this testing tomorrow.

Ty Standard smile

Message 75 of 99 (519 Views)

★ Guide

Hey, taking a step back i aint that confident in doing all that wiring stuff.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-dxgi-error-device-hung/td-p/7794112

I did find this guy, supposedly getting the same issue. saw another individual in the daily discussion threads on the apex subreddit.

other games working fine, so probs will just play those in the meantime. Cheers for the help though.

Message 76 of 99 (491 Views)

Champion

Its not the same issue as you have device removed error and he has a radeon card which AMD have not uploaded the fix for the hung errors yet. (only nvidia)

You will probably get issues when certain games start to use more CPU power.

If thats the case then just get the PSU.

I don't know if your old PSU has two 8 pin CPU power connectors to check this so rewiring everything maybe in vain.

Message 77 of 99 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Nah it doesnt have that unfortunately.

Is there some stress test program that can push my comp to the max? I believe you linked one previously. 

(will also add that i received the DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG error in the past alongside dxgi device removed)

Message 78 of 99 (479 Views)

Champion

this one is for cpu's https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/prime95.html

Select the option for most heat and power.

to stop the test click test at the top left and click stop

Message 79 of 99 (463 Views)

★ Guide

Just got this error.

Message 80 of 99 (441 Views)