DXGI-DEVICE-ERROR-REMOVED (new)

★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 CPU: Ryzen threadripper 1920x
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ttv-Setzah_
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. SEBAMBOOZLE
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. it can happen anyway, within menu or in game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. literally anytime it can happen, whether im putting inputs into the computer or not
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2 maximum
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) random (AEST)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will freeze and crash displaying one of the following error messages: 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG
What should be happening instead? the game not crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? cant offer much as it can happen anytime Two weeks ago i had my old pc where the performance of apex was garbage yet i did not experience this crash once. This PC had a NVIDIA gtx 760 gpu and an intel i7-3770 cpu. I upgraded to a new PC with an RTX 2080 and a Ryzen Threadripper 1920x where the game runs fine but i've been experiencing crashes day one of installation of APEX. The files and data were copied over so i dont think anything changed internally but hardware. (had made this post previously but didnt seem to find a solution. i have found a temporary one that does somewhat fix it. Doing a clean uninstall of gpu drivers (with DDU) followed by a restart, then installing the geforce 416.34 drivers once booted up, will fix this issue. ^ THIS ONLY HAPPENS FOR THAT RESTART ONLY. ONCE YOU SHUT DOWN THE PC YOU MUST REPEAT THE PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING TO PLAY AGAIN OR THE CRASH WILL RETURN. THIS 'FIX' HAS WORKED FOR ME WITH A 99% SUCCESS RATE. Also tried updating to the 419 geforce drivers which was supposedly fixing this issue, however nothing seems to have changed at all. crashes almost every game, ill get one game in if im lucky

no other info.

Message 1 of 99 (1,933 Views)

Re: DXGI-DEVICE-ERROR-REMOVED (new)

★ Guide

bump, anyone else still getting this?

Message 2 of 99 (1,912 Views)

★ Guide

Happening every game now. My usual fix doesnt work anymore.

apexcrash.txt doesnt appear in the documents folder either, i have origin diagnostic settings enabled, didnt have the file browser open or anything.

Message 3 of 99 (1,906 Views)

★ Guide

Used Geforce driver 417.71 // Played around 5 games before receiving the same error.

Message 4 of 99 (1,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Updated to Geforce 419.35, played 2 games, then identical error message

Message 5 of 99 (1,887 Views)

★ Guide

Just did another DxDiag after yet another crash, can barely get through a game now without receiving the error above. Still no text file from the recent update.

Message 6 of 99 (1,881 Views)

★ Guide

Tried again today. Used third party program DDU to uninstall 416.34 Geforce driver, did fresh install of the Geforce 418.91 NVIDIA driver. Couldn't get through 1 match before getting DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG crash.

Trying to limit fps in launch options in different increments to see if that changes anything

Message 7 of 99 (1,857 Views)

★ Guide

Received DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG again.

Tested launch commands limiting fps to 144 // 120 

^ both of which have not delivered any changes and crashes appear every game now. The recent update that has been pushed has now not only blocked the method for which i used as a solution, but has been giving me crashes every game without. the term "Literally unplayable" gets thrown around a lot but in this case its probs the best description of my situation Frown

Hoping for a fix soon,

Cheers.

(did another dxdiag thing right after crash, attached below)

Message 8 of 99 (1,850 Views)

★ Guide

Tested 70 fps limit in launch options. Crashed within 1 game. same error. no apexcrash.txt produced 

Message 9 of 99 (1,844 Views)

Champion

Hai,

If your comfortable doing so try updating the BIOS (and maybe the other motherboard drivers for stability)

Ryzen CPU's were release with a few stability issues and updating the bios resolved a few of them.

You can find out how to in my guide under bios and drivers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Barracks/Building-a-stable-foundation-for-your-PC-Windows/td-p/7605212

BTW the latest GPU driver should be fine to use.

Since you have tried a few drivers out use DDU to uninstall the driver and install the latest to prevent a corrupted driver install.

Just select the clean and restart button

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Once you have restarted the system just install the gpu driver like normal.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Keep me posted! Standard smile

Message 10 of 99 (1,826 Views)