by HollaAtYourMomma

Original Post

[DU] [VGSP] No 'Practice Debate' option on Vanity Mirror

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every EP except Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous and Get to Work. All GP's except Strangerville, Jungle Adventure and Journey to Batuu. Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Vintage Glamour, Movie Stuff and Bust the Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the vanity to try and practice debate
What happens when the bug occurs? No option to practice debate.
What do you expect to see? The practice debate option on the vanity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't use the vanity often so I never noticed this before but I don't understand why this isn't an option. The animation of 'practice speech' is the same for 'practice debate' so I don't get why it wouldn't be included. This may have been an oversight, but if my sim can sit down at the vanity and practice speech they should also be able to practice debate.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,665 Views)

Re: [DU] [VGSP] No 'Practice Debate' option on Vanity Mirror

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. I used to be able to click on any mirror to "practice debate" but that option is missing from all mirrors. Even in the description of the 'Research & Debate" skill it says you can practice in the mirror but that option is missing. I don't know when this actually started. Wouldn't be surprised if it broke with the HSY ep. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,497 Views)

Hero
@SimMinnie79 This thread is particularly for the vanity mirror from the vintage glamour pack. If you have it on any mirror it's best to create a separate thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,479 Views)

★ Apprentice

In case anyone else has this issue, I wanted to share, that I was having this issue on all mirrors, and found that the following CC file was the cause: Hel Studio Rough Wabi Sabi liquid silver mirror.

First, I removed ALL CC and no longer had the issue (the debate option was there). That let me know that CC was the problem. I have a REALLY large CC folder. I took the time to remove EVERYTHING and tested adding back all files in increments. I narrowed it down to my Objects folder, and then further to Hel Studio. I placed files in one-by-one. The issue did not re-appear until the Wabu Sabi mirror was back. 

Hope this helps someone else. Happy Simming

Message 4 of 6 (951 Views)

Champion

I know the original post is a bit older now but I tested it in my game and found that the issue still exists for both desk vanity mirrors from the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack; no Practice Debate option. 

VGSPvanity1.pngVGSPvanity2.png

I wonder if other things like Practice Storytelling, Practice Comedy, and Change Sim should also be added to these mirrors.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 6 (753 Views)

Hero
@JonaO703 Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (732 Views)