[DU] Stuff Gets Repossessed Even After A Uni Loan Payment (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by alsiduous

Original Post

[DU] Stuff Gets Repossessed Even After A Uni Loan Payment (Patch 1.81/1.49)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.38.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet stuff, Nifty Knitting stuff. NO KITS.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use loans for college and graduate college. Make a loan payment with mailbox, computer, or when phone call prompts payment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bank will call stating I have not made a payment (even a few sim-hours after making a payment on the same day), and will send repo person.
What do you expect to see? I expect the repo person to only repossess items when no loan payments are made. I expect to not receive calls from the bank threatening to send a repo person due to “lack of payment” when I’ve made a payment daily, including the same day as the bank call.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim attended university and used loans to pay for it. She has since graduated, and I am making payments every day of at least the minimum payment, if not more. The bank constantly calls my sim about the loan payments being missed (even though she is paying them, and the money is being deducted). My sim is constantly getting the tense moodlet which states she has loans but isn’t making payments (again- not true, as she makes payments every day, sometimes multiple times a day because I will pay AGAIN after the bank calls saying I’ve “missed a payment”, though I made one previously on that sim-day).

I just had a notification that the repo person was sent to my lot due to “missed payments”, but they never showed up, I cannot find any missing repossessed items, but my game was locked as if they were there and in the process of repossessing something- I was not allowed to travel, enter build mode, use the gallery, etc.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit the one from the original thread on this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Stuff-Gets-Repossessed-Even-After-A-Uni-Loan/td... which is supposed to be fixed.

Message 1 of 5 (1,170 Views)

Re: Repo person being sent even though loan payments are being made on time. XBO

Hero
@alsiduous Could you check your game version. That number is a but odd. The current XB version is 1.49

This bug was fixed a while ago so it's important to know if you're on the current patch.

For Console you can use the cheat: Version. Make sure to scroll up all the way until you see the base game version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,123 Views)

Re: Repo person being sent even though loan payments are being made on time. XBO

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Oops, didn’t realize I had to scroll. Version is 1.49.38.2300

Message 3 of 5 (1,095 Views)

Hero
@alsiduous Thank you.
It does sound the same as the original issue.

Wonder if it's back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,068 Views)

★★ Guide

I am just now having this issue again. I'm not sure if it's related to the Growing Together patch or if it happened before then because this is the first time in ages I've started a new save and thus had a sim without enough money to pay for UNI outright. 

The pop up about loan payments often comes when my sim is at work, and then I click the mailbox the second she gets home, make a payment, and the next day repo man comes. 

Message 5 of 5 (775 Views)