by Vines1200

Original Post

[DU] Student classes not showing under career - just says student

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, island living, discover university, snowy escape, spa day, parenthood, dream hood decorator, cool kitchen, movie hangout, kids room, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? under sim career tab
What happens when the bug occurs? university student career tab only says student no classes
What do you expect to see? i expected to see what classes the sim had
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i play rotational and when i played this university dorm household i saw one of the sims career tab only said student. ive seen this once before and thought it was a mod but i removed all of my mods and it still remained. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,495 Views)

Re: Student classes not showing under career - just says student

Hero
@Vines1200 Did you put all of them at uni with the enrollment process ? Does it work at first and then get lost when you switch families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! When i enrolled all of the students everything worked fine and ive rotated to this household twice before and it was fine. But this time this appeared and its strange. Im tempted to have him drop out but then i have to wait through the 5 day re-enrollment period which i would like to avoid :/

Message 3 of 11 (1,432 Views)

Hero
@Vines1200 Does it happen to every Sim you rotate back to ? Uni and rotational play just don't work well together.

There's a long thread on that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Rotational-gameplay-is-impossible-for-Universit... .. not entirely sure if it's the same issue you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly my other two university dorm households are absolutely fine, they just re-enrolled for the next semester and it went well. im not sure whats wrong with this particular sim and i just looked atone of their NPC roomates and she has the same thing. is their a mod by chance that bypasses the 5 day wait period for re-enrollment?

Message 5 of 11 (1,422 Views)

Hero
@Vines1200 To be sure, you removed the mods after the Sim was this way or did you roll back to an older save and it happened again without mods ?

It's possible that removing mods after the error happened doesn't resolve it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After. I noticed the issue, exited the game, removed all of my mods, retuned to the game and the household and it was still there :/

Message 7 of 11 (1,366 Views)

Hero
@Vines1200 Could be triggered by a mod then, unclear to say.

They haven't been put on probation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No not at all. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,319 Views)

Hero
@Vines1200 OK. Leaving this separate for now then. Hopefully other people that see this can chime in, especially if they don't use mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,293 Views)