[OPEN] [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

by SawtoothLifeform

Original Post

Re: University Housing homes not showing up?

★★★ Novice

I edited or built most of them. 

Message 21 of 47 (2,859 Views)

Re: University Housing homes not showing up?

Hero
@abc2117638339 Thanks. Yeah, there seems a problem with that. Editing seems to make them not legit for moving in anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 47 (2,843 Views)

Custom dorm lot not showing up as move-in option

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Several, I don't remember all the proper names. Seasons, spooky, pets, sulani, vampire, university, celebrity, strangerville, let's get to work, Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build s custom dorm and try to move in at any time.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just started playing in 2019. I was successful once building a custom dorm and moving in, built June 2020. I don't use mods or CC because I don't know how that works or how to make it. Ive read different forums with this problem and have not seen a concrete viable solution.. This new dorm has no platforms or stoves or any restricted items. It is associated with Foxbury. And frankly Uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything isn't an option because I live in the middle of nowhere with thr most awfully slow internet service. On a good day the average download speed is 3 - 12 most. It would literally take me days to re-download everything.
What do you expect to see? My dorm appear as an option to move into.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 23 of 47 (2,841 Views)

My custom university dorms are never a move-in option

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030 Updated 11/3/21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Many.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a custom dorm, assign it to a university, place it on a lot, then try to enroll one of your Sims in a university and the custom dorm isn't showing as an option.
What happens when the bug occurs? My custom lot is not appearing as a move-in option. The lot is assigned to Foxbury, no stoves or grills, I don't use mods at all, and it was updated this morning.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the custom dorm I created open as a move-in option. I've never been able to do this since I first got the game last spring.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I apologize but my home computer is basically garbage now and I await a new one. It also doesn't stay connected to my wifi ever so I cannot produce a screenshot at this time. I am writing this at work. Since I first started playing The Sims last spring and got the university expansion last fall I have never been able to see my custom dorms as an option to move into when I enroll a Sim into a university. My custom lots are not appearing as a move-in option. I know not to add stoves or grills so they don't have any that's a no-brainer. It's always triple checked it's assigned to the university I want to enroll in, I have never used a mod that I can recall. The game was updated on 11/3/21. I've read about this problem on several Sims support forums and there is never a clear fix that I have seen.

Message 24 of 47 (2,653 Views)

Re: My custom university dorms are never a move-in option

Hero
@stimpackaddict13 I merged this report with the existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 47 (2,634 Views)

Re: [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

★★★ Newbie

Guys! I figured it out! Make sure you use the elevator that comes with the Discover University pack.

Message 26 of 47 (2,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SawtoothLifeform If you use R1 to go to the setting cog under lot options it let me choose which college I wanted the house for. My house was under Foxbury Institute I was applying to Britechester. I changed the college the housing was for and I went back and applied again and the house was there.
Message 27 of 47 (2,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure if you ever figured it out for you but I just had this problem and I realized that in the actual lot info panel where you see the requirements there’s a extra tab that you can set the specific university the Lot is for and I had mine on the wrong one . So hopefully I’m able to help anyone seeing this !

Message 28 of 47 (2,248 Views)

University housing not showing up

★★★ Newbie

I put in some new university housing builds from the gallery and also built one but when I go to enroll my sims and move them into the houses they aren’t showing up on the options only the one i didn’t change is showing up

Message 29 of 47 (2,215 Views)

Re: University housing not showing up

★★★★ Expert

This is probably related to the lot type. Are the new/modified buildings all set to be student housing as the lot type?

Message 30 of 47 (2,210 Views)