[OPEN] [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

by SawtoothLifeform

Original Post

Re: Custom Dorm Not Showing Up (No CC or Mods)

★★★★★ Novice

I did have platforms but then it still wouldn't let me choose it as an option when I removed them.

Message 11 of 47 (3,937 Views)

Hero
@Nyx0011 If you save the house you have now without platforms to the library, then bulldoze the lot and replace it, does it still do the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (3,931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried the following:

1. Removed the platforms

2. Saved a copy to the library without platforms, bulldozing, and placing a copy of it back

3. Built a completely new house from scratch

4. Changed the info on the gear menu and changing it back (university, affiliation, gender, etc)

None of these work. I thought it was a funding issue but I tried motherlode as well and it still doesn't register the house as a University housing option in enrollment. There's nothing remotely close to a stove or anything that has to do with cooking except a microwave

Message 13 of 47 (3,922 Views)

Hero
@Nyx0011 I did quite some testing on that other thread I linked and I think bulldozing worked there but now I'm not so sure.

Did you try replacing it with the original building ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 47 (3,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine worked after I turned the building to britechester only, went to manage worlds, went back to the building and turned to foxbury only, after this it showed up when enrolling.

Message 15 of 47 (3,826 Views)

Hero
@ClaraMedina307 Thanks for that info.

Merging this thread with the main one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 47 (3,808 Views)

Sims 4 discover university - can’t use own uni housing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spoke to ea help on Twitter
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t move into my own uni housing when enrolling
What do you expect to see? My sim able to move into my own build
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Made own university housing and can’t see or select it when during enrolment 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 17 of 47 (3,794 Views)

University Housing homes not showing up?

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP09: 1.assets.live-ep09.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll/reenroll for University
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the onsite University buildings show up under housing. (Other than the option to not get university housing)
What do you expect to see? Builds that are listed under University housing should be showing up as housing options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have built a few University housing homes and listed them under University housing but when I get the housing selection non of them show up. Just the onsite University housing EA has in game.

Message 18 of 47 (3,629 Views)

Re: University Housing homes not showing up?

Hero
@abc2117638339 Merged your post with the main thread but to be sure, did you edit any of the housing that doesn't show up or are they all still the way they come with the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 47 (3,597 Views)

Can not move Sim into Custom Dorm

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion Packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am trying to move my sim into a custom built dorm with no luck. I have put the same dorm in multiple save files and even just downloaded one from the library and the sim can not move into the dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dorm is not listed on the dorm options on the move in screen. I have double checked that it was set to the right school.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Dorm listed on the Dorm options for the school that I wish to move my sim into.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

I am having trouble getting my Sim into the Dorm I have custom built to use in the Discover University Pack.  I have double checked that it was on the right school, there is no Gender Preference, and also the dorm is not affiliated with a group or club.

Message 20 of 47 (3,597 Views)