Message 31 of 47 (4,605 Views)

Re: University housing not showing up

Hero
@Sojungpop I merged your post with the bug report on this issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 47 (4,511 Views)

Re: [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello: did this get resolved? This has just happened to me now too 😭😭😭 spent so much time renovating and now I can’t even use it!!! Ugh! 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 33 of 47 (4,390 Views)

Re: [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

Hero
@Emz19Mc It's an open bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 47 (4,374 Views)

[DU] Unable to move Sims into custom dorms

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up until High School Years.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a new dorm on any lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you send your Sim off to uni and you get the pop-up about whether to move to a dorm or stay off-campus, dorms that I built from scratch will not show up. I checked all the requirements and options available and all are set correctly, yet the dorm is not on the list.
What do you expect to see? For all dorms that I build to be functional.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This feature is entirely broken for me. I've noticed that my lots do show up when I choose to restrict them to certain groups and organisations, however, once I load the dorm I get an error and am unable to play on said lot. The only way to fix that issue was to revert back to an older save.

Message 35 of 47 (4,336 Views)

Re: [DU] Unable to move Sims into custom dorms

★★★ Novice

I was able to fix mine. I had placed a gallery lot on the University of Britechester campus. I went into the lots build mode and checked the setting. it had defaulted to Foxbury residents only. I switched it to Britechester and was able to move in. 

Message 36 of 47 (4,222 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had this issue too and was able to resolve the same way, by changing the lot type to UBrite, go to manage world's, change back to Foxbury. When I enrolled it was available to select in the Choose your housing screen.

Message 37 of 47 (4,036 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this issue.
There are no platforms, no mods, no cc.
I also have issues with the doors showing in viewing modes when they shouldn't (have made a separate post).

In just today alone, I have dealt with FIVE major game changing glitches.
I spent hours on the build for Briny Tower and they won't even recognize it.

Yes, I have checked all the settings, it's all correct.

Message 38 of 47 (3,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@simmer-rhiand @ginger11326 This got this lot working for me, thank you. Hopefully this fixes it permanently. Now if I can just get the doors and archways to go down in the viewing modes like it's supposed to.  

Message 39 of 47 (3,937 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think I figured it out. I just encountered the same problem. I read on here that it may be an issue due to platforms, so I went back into the game and checked. My Uni house did have a foundation and when I lowered it to ground level the University Housing was available again as an option for students. So yeah, it's not just platforms that cause this issue, it's also the foundations. 

Message 40 of 47 (3,891 Views)