by DandyRapt0r

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Shock from the Robotics Station too frequent/ Sims don't stop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville. Dream Home Decorator Stuff Packs: Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Buy a robotics station 2. Have a Sim build robots 3. Wait for the Sim to get shocked
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get shocked by the robotics station too often, even at high skill levels. Sims who are shocked by the robotics station and get dazed will continue to work on the station.
What do you expect to see? The Sims to get shocked by the robotics station less. The Sims to also stop working on the robotics station when they are shocked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In club and organizational gatherings, this becomes an issue because NPC Sims and player Sims will autonomy turned on will continue to work on the robotics station until they die.  The high chance of shock even at high skill levels greatly increases the chance of death.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 10 (5,850 Views)

Re: [DU] Shock from the Robotics Station too frequent/ Sims don't stop

★ Guide
@canelacaliente I just want to second everything in this report, and re-emphasize the excessive chance of death of NPCs at club gatherings.
Message 2 of 10 (5,689 Views)

★ Novice
@canelacaliente I can't get through a single project on the bench without getting shocked, and my sim is lvl 7 in that skill. Happens on all creations, the parts etc. It took me about a week in game just to finish building the buggy party bot. This update is such a disappointment.fr.
Message 3 of 10 (5,478 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice feature but it happens way too often. Crafting one mechanism my sim was shocked five times and this is a typical amount. Takes days to finish one item because I don't want my sim to die of electrocution. Needs toned down. 

Message 4 of 10 (4,111 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Only when my sim reached lv 10 he stopped being electrocuted. Me too on this one.

Message 5 of 10 (4,092 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My gosh, I can't believe this is still an issue. Like as a feature it's fine if it happens once in a while, but not every damn time my sim interacts with the workbench. 

Message 6 of 10 (2,535 Views)

Oddly, electrocution chance is tiredto the handiness skill, not robotics. That doesn't help for the club gathering autonomy, but at least it can help your played sims. I think the robotic arm reduces electrocution risk as well. 

Message 7 of 10 (2,528 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Shock from the Robotics Station too frequent/ Sims don't stop

★★★ Newbie

Hi, this is happenning to me too, I don't know what to do 😩

Message 8 of 10 (1,626 Views)

Hi @aliciacafrika  what level handiness does your sim have?

Message 9 of 10 (1,593 Views)

★★ Guide

being in a focused mood and high handiness seems to help the active sim.

I wish NPC club members would have the brain to stop before they die. especially when the club starts and you aren't apart of it, so u can't send them home! 

Message 10 of 10 (1,583 Views)