by rostsit

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Servos spawn as normal sims after activation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a servo and click "Activate"
What happens when the bug occurs? A servo activates and immediately turns into normal sim (visually)
What do you expect to see? I expect you to fix this game and especially Discover University pack - the most bugged one of them all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems that this bug - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Random-portrait-of-servos-after-graduation/td-p... - reached the whole new level. Now any servo becomes a normal sim after activation. This is only a visual glitch and if you change servo's colour it will be gone. All servo's functions are working normally.

At first I thought that maybe my mods that are responsible for skins are involved. But removing them (as well as all other mods) changed nothing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,676 Views)

Re: Servos spawn as normal sims after activation

Hero
@rostsit I'm unable to duplicate this. Does it also happen if you build a new servo with no mods in while you build ?

How many servos did you build that this happens ? Does it matter if you activate them as male or female ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictis there a way to build servos faster? Some cheatcode maybe? I can't waste so much time on testing if building them normally.

Message 3 of 11 (2,608 Views)

Hero
@rostsit I'm not sure. Spend quite some time myself on it Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

And yes, it's the same for males also:

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 11 (2,601 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Wonder if it's servo building servo that an issue ?

I assume you had all mods out now while building ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,596 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict It's not a servo building servo Standard smile

Just a Sim in a Exo-Mech Suit.

And this is just a same servo from before, I've made a save before activation and I actually never activated it in my game.

I cannot build another one this fast.

Message 7 of 11 (2,570 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Guess we'll need to see if someone else has the same issue then.

I'm also not going to try again :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. Can't fix it, very annoying - spent a lot of time making this stupid thing.

Message 9 of 11 (2,307 Views)

Servo spawns with human outfit

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: Seasons, Island Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Get Famous, Discovery University, City Living, Cats & Dogs. Game packs: Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Strangerville. Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Moschino Stuff, Movie Hangout, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff. Kits: None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Craft a servo
What happens when the bug occurs? When you craft a servo, they'll appear with a broken human outfit instead of a servo outfit.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the servo to have the correct outfit, instead of me manually having to change it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Video showing Servo with a human outfit instead of a servo outfit. 
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtcbFv25K89hgZM4Hs3bld5f240fdQ

Message 10 of 11 (1,979 Views)