by Lavendela91

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Roommate doesn't stop making white cake

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP- All but Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle GP- Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Vampires, Realm of Magic, SP- Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Moschino, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with roommates/foodie trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one of my sims is affected, she had the Foodie trait, and was living in university housing with other, so obviously she had roommates. After making the original post, I went back into the game and fiddled around to see if I could fix it. I went into CAS and removed her foodie trait through cas.fulleditmode, and the tendency got better. Before I removed it, she would spend any uncontrolled time making cakes and leaving them all over the floor. She also completed university, so I moved her into an apartment in San Myushino by herself and did not notice her making cakes, I was playing for about a half hour after making these changes.
What do you expect to see? I hope to see that this issue can be fixed, and that I can have my sims have roommates and foodie traits without this tendency being a problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed all mods and CC from the folder and ran the game without custom content and disabled script mods, the issue still showed up.

I have been having the famous "white cake" issue that has been linked to Eco Lifestyle, but I do not have this EP and have the same issue?? I'm not sure how to fix it but my sims will not stop making cakes, even after I "X" the action out, it pops right back up and it will not stop until I debug the sim, but they get right back to making cakes after a few minutes.

**edited**

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (3,756 Views)

Re: Sims are obsessed with white cakes, but I do not have EL

Hero
@ValOchoa20 Do you have room mates or a group meeting going on ?

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes, my sim just moved out of university housing, though, that’s where it was happening the most, I have not checked if she does it while at home with herself. I’ll fill out the form! 

Message 3 of 16 (3,710 Views)

Hero
@ValOchoa20 To be sure: The Sim that had the problem was living on the house as a room mate or was she the played Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,692 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was when she was a roommate, at University Housing, Briny Tower to be specific, I had control over other sims that I had added just to give the building a college-feel, but I only ever really played her, I let the others go about their business aside from taking care of their needs. To keep it simple, yes it was when she was a roommate to 5 other sims.

Message 5 of 16 (3,688 Views)

Hero
@ValOchoa20 Thanks for the info.

I thought there was already a thread for room mates but it looks like that was in the main fixed thread as well and no one has made a new thread yet.

See keeping this as new thread for the room mates white cake obsession.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,668 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

My roommate also started like 100 cakes that she never finished. I decided to put the stinky bowls of dough in her room, she decided after a while that the place did not suit her needs and she vacated the room. 

Message 7 of 16 (3,528 Views)

★ Guide
@Lavendela91 Roommate did not have foody trait, but I do have the NAP of making food in action.
Message 8 of 16 (3,527 Views)

Re: [DU] Roommate doesn't stop making white cake

★★★ Guide

Since I'm experiencing huge bugging issues on my main save, yesterday I started a new one.

My 1 sim household got a roommate and the roommate is doing literally nothibg else but sleep, go to work and bake white cakes and hamburger cakes.

I thought these issues wee solved?

Message 9 of 16 (3,387 Views)

Re: [DU] Roommate doesn't stop making white cake

★★★★ Novice

My roommate just started making white cake today. She's lived there a  couple weeks but the behavior just started. Only one cake completed, the rest are just bowls on the counter or table. She is a mermaid (the roommate) and also, while living with my sim and making out with him or whatever, she keeps calling him to ask him out at the same time, and she shows up to his job site everytime he goes to work as an interior designer. She was originally male I think, he was a really pretty male mermaid sim that I changed to female and changed the name too. But she is the one making cakes in my Sim's house. I'm trying to have a baby with her too so she might be pregnant and I just don't know yet.

Message 10 of 16 (3,187 Views)