by IrisuChan

Original Post

[DU] Merging households made presentation board unowned

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion packs except for cottage living / vampires, parenthood / romantic garden stuff, Moschino stuff, backyard stuff. My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Discover University - sign up for a class with a final presentation and then move your sim in with someone else
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim had the presentation board and was working on it and everything was fine. He got married and moved in with his wife, I decided to keep all the furniture. Now the presentation board is in the house inventory, if I place it my sim and his wife cannot work on it because the game says it “doesn’t belong to them”
What do you expect to see? My sim should be able to work on the presentation despite moving from his house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to look for the board in the debug menu, but I couldn’t find nothing and I really don’t know how to get a new one 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (803 Views)

Re: My sim moved from his house and now his presentation board doesn’t belong to

Hero
@andreee_ado How did you move the Sim in ? via phone/household manager or cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (795 Views)

Re: My sim moved from his house and now his presentation board doesn’t belong to

★★★ Newbie

When they got married the menu for moving them together just appeared, so I’m guessing household manager?

Message 3 of 8 (778 Views)

Hero
@andreee_ado Oh, that works again ? Thought they got rid of that as it was broken.

Is the board the only thing that got unowned ?

There's this more general thread but that was for cheating: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CHEAT-Adding-Removing-Sims-to-household-makes-inventory-items/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, the board was the only thing disowned. Is there any way to get a new one? I really don’t want my sim to fail his classes

Message 5 of 8 (768 Views)

Hero
@andreee_ado Unfortunately not, no. There was a mod once but I don't think it was ever updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That’s a shame, they really should add it to the debug menu. Thanks for helping! ^^

Message 7 of 8 (756 Views)

Re: [DU] Merging households made presentation board unowned

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I was just about to make my own post when I found this, and I have a similar issue. I found that one of my sims inventory items couldn't be moved or sold from inventory. I could only click each inventory item separately, click "place in world" and then the game said (sim name) doesn't own this item. For example bugs collected on vacation, collectible dolls and so on. I didn't know why this happened, but reading the original post here it must have happened after my sims moved in together. In my case the sim that already lived on the current lot asked his girlfriend to move in with him. I guess there's no way to get the items back as "owned" by my sim? :/ PS. any collectibles or items I got in my sims inventory after the merge of households, I can succesfully move or sell.

edit: I was just thinking, when my sims just moved in with her partner I DID successfully put some of her inventory items in the house. They are still shown as owned by her. So the merging of households couldn't really be the issue, else it wouldn't have been possible at all. :/ not sure ...

Message 8 of 8 (633 Views)