by sootspri

Original Post

[DU] Law: 'File Court Documents' and 'Attend Disposition' as WFH task

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current available expansions and game packs, except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim enter Law Career, work from home, and view "work from home assignment". The two assignments that are unable to be completed (as far as I can see) are, "File Court Documents" and "Attend Disposition".
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is unable to complete tasks for job.
What do you expect to see? When I click on the Computer, Career, Law Career, and see both "File Court Documents" and "Attend Disposition".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attached photos of the issue going on. I have tried everything I could think of. I have tried the "Repair" option on Origin, and that does not work. I recently downloaded the base game and all game packs/expansion packs fresh about 2 weeks ago. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (4,594 Views)

Re: Unable to "File Court Documents" and "Attend Disposition"

★★★ Novice
@sootspri Also, this only happened at the Sim's current promotion. Before this, there was no issue completing the tasks needed.
Message 2 of 6 (4,589 Views)

Re: Unable to "File Court Documents" and "Attend Disposition"

Hero
@sootspri I played through a few days of work now and never got those tasks at your level. I don't think you're supposed to.

Do you get those all the time or as a one time thing ? Did you use any cheats to level them up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (4,531 Views)

Re: Unable to "File Court Documents" and "Attend Disposition&quot

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I get them every time I work from home. I did not cheat to get to this point in the Sim's career. I can try to work from home again. I've been sending her to work to get promotions. Fingers crossed it's reset itself somehow.

Message 4 of 6 (4,517 Views)

Lawyer Career Work From Home Task File Court Documents Unavailable After lvl 8

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game packs (except batuu), paranormal stuff, toddler stuff, knifty knitting, backyard stuff, tiny living, laundry day, fitness stuff, bowling, vintage glamour, and kids stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? get to level 8 in lawyer career as a private attorney route and work from home
What happens when the bug occurs? the option on the computer to 'file court documents' disappears, but the work from home task 'file court documents' still gets assigned. This makes it impossible to complete the task. (I had this option up until I reached level 8 in the attorney route, and idk if it persists past level 8 because I haven't reached any levels further than 8 yet.) I know there was already a thread for this, but it said it was resolved, and I'm only experiencing it at level 8 right now!
What do you expect to see? Either eliminate the task for work from home or give the option to complete the task! Also, a new cheat to complete work tasks would be nice (similar to the aspiration cheats) for if something like this happens again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 5 of 6 (4,451 Views)

Re: [DU] Law: 'File Court Documents' and 'Attend Disposition' as WFH task

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this issue now as well. I have “File Court Documents” as a WFH task as Lead Litigator (Private Attorney Branch - Level 8) and the only two options from the computer in the Law Career tab are “Craft Legal Argument” and “File A Legal Motion” after I was promoted 

Message 6 of 6 (3,927 Views)