[OPEN] [DU] [GRO] ICYA Chest/Keepsake box/backpack Inventory Locked After Moving

by justme22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [DU] [GRO] ICYA Chest/Keepsake box/backpack Inventory Locked After Moving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Place items in the ICYA chest 2. Move Sim with chest in inventory to new household/take to University 3. Place chest in world and try to remove items
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to drag items from the chest into inventory or the world, but can't grab them
What do you expect to see? Items leave the chest and go into inventory or displayed in world
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was supposedly fixed in a previous patch according to the old bug report, but I'm still having the issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to add keepsake box and backpack

Message 1 of 34 (4,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please explain the keepsake box.

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We no longer need saves for this issue.  The team will investigate.

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 25 of 34 (4,340 Views)

All Replies

Re: [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

Hero
@justme22 Gave this a quick retest and it's working fine for me. Is this a new chest you bought ? Did you place items before the fix or just now ?

Do you have issues with all objects or only certain ones (there's an issue with gifted items)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (4,883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's in my current save so the chest was bought after the fix -- only thing I had in there were the decorative eggs which I can get next spring so I'll just sell the chest and repurchase, then pull everything out if/when I move. 

Message 3 of 34 (4,862 Views)

Hero
@justme22 Could you please test some other items then ? It's very possible that there's still certain items affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (4,838 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue, and it seems to be with ALL storage boxes. Can't move anything out of them, can't sell anything. I've tried to reset item, that didn't work. I've tried to move my sims out while the boxes were in the house, and then move them back in, that didn't work either. I've tried putting the boxes into my sims inventory and moving her out on her own. Also didn't work. There are a couple of items that let me "place in world", but after my sim does that I can't do anything with them because it says they don't own them. All of the stuff I don't want to loose, quite a bit of it I don't know if I get again (not without going to great lengths anyway), which is why I put it storage boxes.

Message 5 of 34 (4,831 Views)

Hero
@AgentBumblebee81 Is this also newly after it was fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (4,824 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry I'm not actually sure I only just noticed it.

Message 7 of 34 (4,817 Views)

Hero
@AgentBumblebee81 If you buy a new chest and newly put stuff into it, then move, does it still happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (4,812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just an update, because I've been playing around and managed to get my stuff back. I put the storage boxes into one of my sims inventory, moved her out into an empty lot, placed the storages boxes down, moved her back into her old house and sold the furniture so the boxes were left on the empty lot, then moved her back to the empty lot where the boxes were and she could then take the stuff out the boxes(I guess because she owned them now?). I put the boxes into her inventory and moved her back into her house and they were still fine, so I guess the issue is just when the storage boxes go into the household inventory.

Message 9 of 34 (4,811 Views)

Hero
@justme22 Was the box also in the household inventory for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (4,803 Views)