[DU] Game freezes when trying to cook if there is a mini fridge in a chest

by LunyLovegood98

Original Post

[DU] Game freezes when trying to cook if there is a mini fridge in a chest

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Moschino Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a mini fridge in a chest and then try to cook with your regular fridge. I was trying to make a cake, but I have a feeling it will happen with any food.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, I can't change to other sims or change the time speed, but I can still click certain things like the menu. Both times that this occurred I tried to save and exit but wasn't able to, so I had to force close the game.
What do you expect to see? Sim will open the fridge and freeze at some point during the cooking process. All other sims freeze as well
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think this probably has something to do with fridges sharing inventories and the game getting confused with one fridge being in the new DU chest

Message 1 of 4 (714 Views)

Re: [DU] Game freezes when trying to cook if there is a mini fridge in a chest

Hero
@LunyLovegood98 I tested this and my Sim cooked fine.

Is this a regular house, a dorm or an apartment you're trying this in ? Does that matter ?

Might do to further testing cause it was a rather quick test from my part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (694 Views)

★ Novice

It was just a regular house - maybe it was because I had leftovers in the fridge?

Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

Hero
@LunyLovegood98 Not sure if I had any but I had other stuff in the fridge (didn't put anything in the minifridge)

Can you duplicate this on a fresh save as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (648 Views)