by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Final Exams not ticking off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I installed: Sims get to work, discover university and Realm of magic. I also installed some mods, but when I turn them off the problem still occurs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. More people seem to have this very problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug happens every time a student needs to take his/her final exam. They go to college on the last day of school, but when they come back they didn't do their finals. They will get a low grade and fail their semester.
What do you expect to see? I espect to see my sims pass their finals, by going to college and actually doing their finals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As you can see in the screen shot, the student just had his last class, but didn't do his exam.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 5 of 14 (9,905 Views)

Re: Unable to take Final Exams

★ Guide
@crinrict So I see that it was posted that the game was patched and this issue fixed. I can tell you it has not. I have no cc before you ask and only one mod MCCC (The reason I have it is because so far none of my complaints have been fixed nor addressed by the EA team and the mod is catching some issues at the very least). As of right now despite the fact that all my sims are doing everything in Uni they are not taking the finals and failing over and over again (wasting my game time). If you guys can't fix it at least create a cheat so I can move on and not waist time. I tried the Uni Debug and that doesn't work either. My game is on version 1.65.70.1020. I am still having this issue and the explanation from the team is turn this off and turn that off. It seams I need to turn half of the game features in order for this game to work on the other half. Here is my frustration. About a month ago I complained about sharing is caring. Which is not fixed. Now it turns out that ALL NAPS are GARBAGE. I had to turn them off and now have to go neighborhood to neighborhood repealing all this nonsense. My future cubes and clay "balls" are spiraling out of control generating at a rate 5 per 10 minutes, strange sim going into my homes and burning down kitchens trying to bake, objects disappearing. Sims team response: none except merge threads a lot. Some people discovered (players) if you turn it off then remove them one by one it might/might not stop. Now I can't even enjoy University because they can't finish a term. Solution I hear is turn off holidays or do some mental gymnastic to calculate when your term starts. So now if I play Uni I can't have a holiday calendar. Right now I don't want to start over with Uni. Just tell me how can they complete the finals since its last day of term? I tried resetting the sim, I tried emailing professors, I tried not switching sims and staring as he goes to last class and still no finish (report card comes in as failed). I have skills needed at 8, 9 homework complete and he still gets an F. I would think that the point of Uni would be to graduate not be stuck in a no result loop. I have to start over and over just to get to the end and find out that they can't take a final. At this point I don't care anymore about fixes, I just need a cheat that says finish final, or maybe just create a computer option to finish final early or late. i just want them to finish.
Message 1 of 14 (9,946 Views)

Sims not taking final exams

★ Novice

I have two Sims at University. Each had one final exam. On last day of term  “Final exam is in an hour” notification came up for both, both attended class and, when in class, “cheat on exam” came up as an option. One even got an uncomfortable moodlet in relation to the exam, but after this class, “Final Exam” was not checked off for either sim. I have seasons installed, but neither sims missed any classes because of holidays and there was no holiday on the last day of term. I thought this issue was supposed to be fixed so am pretty disappointed.

Message 2 of 14 (9,959 Views)

Re: Sims not taking final exams

Hero
@mattiemoomin Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (9,939 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims not taking final exams

Hero
@mattiemoomin Could you edit the form so all the info is there ?

Was this a one time thing or can you duplicate it each time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (9,922 Views)

Re: Sims cant make final exam

Hero
@Bucketxx01 I'm merging your thread with the final exams thread although I think there's actually two issues in here:

- Sims not going to class when they have a finale exam
- Task not ticking off despite them going.

Yours seems to be the second one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (9,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict yes, It's the second one. Is there a way to fix it?
Message 7 of 14 (9,924 Views)

Hero
@Bucketxx01 Not that I'm aware.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (9,900 Views)

Re: Unable to take Final Exams

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had similar issues. No matter how well skilled my sims are, or whether or not they have done their assignments/studied/presentations they still always fail uni. I've noticed that even when I have the sim 'take notes' in classes, they come out of class with the notification saying they have done the absolute minimum and have shown a lack of interest. I never had this issue before the merge from origin to ea on my pc. Don't even know how, but now my sims can't even submit or present anything? It's like I've got both issues.

Message 9 of 14 (9,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue: my sims go to their last day of class and even get the final exam notification and 'cheat on exam' option while there, but the exam does not check off once their last class session ends. In this particular save, I have multiple sims and it's only not checking off for three of them: two of them had an 8am class and neither one of their final exams checked off, and then four of them had a 9:30am class and the final exam checked off for only two of them (the poor sims that only had morning exams are gonna fail I guess despite doing great all semester). I quit as soon as I noticed and came back to the save the next day and the remaining afternoon exams checked off as normal, so I don't know what the problem was with the last session. I've had a lot of bugs with Discover University (organization events not spawning, soccer games cancelling if another sim travels, etc.) but this one's definitely the most frustrating.

Message 10 of 14 (7,521 Views)