[DU] Exomech Suit Color Won't Change/Doesn't keep color through Gallery

by FluoriteCrystal

Original Post

Re: Exomech Suit Color Won't Change

★★★ Novice

The exosuit and robot arm I built myself were the correct color when I put them on. Did the exosuits from the gallery still do the color glitch in your game?

Thank you for helping me Standard smile

Message 11 of 16 (646 Views)

Re: Exomech Suit Color Won't Change

Hero
@FluoriteCrystal yeah, they changed to default. Either it's an issue with uploaded suits or we both downloded the same room and those are glitched.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (640 Views)

Robo-Arm, Exomech Suit/Helmet saved in a room/lot won't retain color when used

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently released expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. As a sim who can create the Robo-Arm, ExoMech Suit and ExoMech Helmet, create a version of each that are a color scheme that are NOT: White/Beige for Robo-Arm. Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit 2. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are still the color they were created as. 3. Remove the arm, suit and helmet, and put them in a small, enclosed room. 4. Save a copy of that room with the arm, suit and helmet to your My Library 5. Add a copy of the saved room to the current lot. 6. Confirm that the arm, suit and helmet appear to be the same color as the ones they were copied from. 7. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are NOT the same color as they appear to be when unequipped, but instead have reverted to White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet and White/Copper for Suit Note: This does NOT appear to be happening with the computer glasses you can create with Robotics. Those retain their color scheme when copied.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any version of a Robo-Arm, Exomech Suit or Exomech Helmet saved in a room or lot will not retain its color when equipped.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Robo-Arm, Ecomech Suit and Exomech helmet retain the color they were created as when I equip them on my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After creating a robo-arm, exomech suit and exomech helmet, I wanted the rest of my household to get copies, without going through hoops of making all the copies manually. So I put my original arm, suit and helmet into room, saved that room to my library, then put a couple of copies of that room onto my lot.

Unfortunately, all of the arms, suits and helmets turn into a bland color when equipped, not the original color they were created as. When unequipped, they revert back to the color they were created as. It it only a problem when they are quipped. This appears to happen to every single color scheme except, obviously, the ones that are originally created as the 'default' color all of the other switch to.

The 'default' color schemes that all other color schemes switch to are:
White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit

This does NOT happen to the original exomech arms/suits/helmets that I had my sim personally create. Those retain their color scheme when equipped.

This also does NOT appear to be happening with the Robotics computer glasses. Those retain their color scheme when copied.

Steps to recreate: 

1. As a sim who can create the Robo-Arm, ExoMech Suit and ExoMech Helmet, create a version of each that are a color scheme that are NOT: White/Beige for Robo-Arm. Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit

2. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are still the color they were created as.

3. Remove the arm, suit and helmet, and put them in a small, enclosed room.

4. Save a copy of that room with the arm, suit and helmet to your My Library

5. Add a copy of the saved room to the current lot.

6. Confirm that the arm, suit and helmet appear to be the same color as the ones they were copied from.

7. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are NOT the same color as they appear to be when unequipped, but instead have reverted to White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet and White/Copper for Suit

Message 13 of 16 (589 Views)

Exo-suit, Exo-helmet and robo-arm not appearing as correct colors when equipped.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently released expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. As a sim who can create the Robo-Arm, ExoMech Suit and ExoMech Helmet, create a version of each that are a color scheme that are NOT: White/Beige for Robo-Arm. Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit 2. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are still the color they were created as. 3. Remove the arm, suit and helmet, and put them in a small, enclosed room. 4. Save a copy of that room with the arm, suit and helmet to your My Library 5. Add a copy of the saved room to the current lot. 6. Confirm that the arm, suit and helmet appear to be the same color as the ones they were copied from. 7. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are NOT the same color as they appear to be when unequipped, but instead have reverted to White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet and White/Copper for Suit Note: This does NOT appear to be happening with the computer glasses you can create with Robotics. Those retain their color scheme when copied.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any version of a Robo-Arm, Exomech Suit or Exomech Helmet saved in a room or lot will not retain its color when equipped.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Robo-Arm, Ecomech Suit and Exomech helmet retain the color they were created as when I equip them on my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After creating a robo-arm, exomech suit and exomech helmet, I wanted the rest of my household to get copies, without going through hoops of making all the copies manually. So I put my original arm, suit and helmet into room, saved that room to my library, then put a couple of copies of that room onto my lot. Unfortunately, all of the arms, suits and helmets turn into a bland color when equipped, not the original color they were created as. When unequipped, they revert back to the color they were created as. It it only a problem when they are quipped. This appears to happen to every single color scheme except, obviously, the ones that are originally created as the 'default' color all of the other switch to. The 'default' color schemes that all other color schemes switch to are: White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit This does NOT happen to the original exomech arms/suits/helmets that I had my sim personally create. Those retain their color scheme when equipped. This also does NOT appear to be happening with the Robotics computer glasses. Those retain their color scheme when copied.

Steps to recreate:

1. As a sim who can create the Robo-Arm, ExoMech Suit and ExoMech Helmet, create a version of each that are a color scheme that are NOT: White/Beige for Robo-Arm. Black/Copper for Helmet, White/Copper for Suit

2. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are still the color they were created as.

3. Remove the arm, suit and helmet, and put them in a small, enclosed room.

4. Save a copy of that room with the arm, suit and helmet to your My Library

5. Add a copy of the saved room to the current lot.

6. Confirm that the arm, suit and helmet appear to be the same color as the ones they were copied from.

7. Equip the arm, suit and helmet, confirming that they are NOT the same color as they appear to be when unequipped, but instead have reverted to White/Beige for Robo-Arm, Black/Copper for Helmet and White/Copper for Suit

Message 14 of 16 (534 Views)

Re: Exo-suit, Exo-helmet and robo-arm not appearing as correct colors when equip

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Caston8 I've merged both your reports with the existing report on this. For issues that have a thread already it's best to post in the existing threads and click me too instead of creating a new thread so the devs see how many people are affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 16 (504 Views)

Re: [DU] Exomech Suit Color Won't Change/Doesn't keep color through Gallery

★★ Pro

I get this when I use bb.showhiddenobjects and place robo arms in different colours on the lot. Whichever a sim equips it will always be beige-silver (so the default one I guess) when worn. When it's unequipped it's coloured correctly obviously.

By what I can tell from this thread, this seems to apply to all the robotics table craftables so should we create a thread for each item? At least the title should be adjusted accordingly so people can find this thread. Oh and the Computer glasses display correct colour when worn even if pulled from debug.

Message 16 of 16 (416 Views)