by Psychotps

Original Post

[DU] Exomech Suit Color Won't Change/Doesn't keep color through Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except for outdoor retreat, I have the stuff packs tiny living, my first pet, fitness, backyard, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, holiday celebration, throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I got the bug by first equipping a beige and silver exomech suit and helmet on my sim. (these things are from the college expansion pack) After turning the game off with it equipped and my sim wearing it for a few days I unequipped it and bought the blue and black version from the gallery. I tried to debug the suit and helmet and the sim but whenever I equip it the suit turns beige and silver. The same happens with robot arms too and I never even equipped a beige and white robot arm on the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every exomech suit, helmet, or robot arm I equip immediately becomes the beige and silver color.
What do you expect to see? My exomech suit, helmet, and robot arm to be blue and black instead of beige and silver (the correct color it's supposed to be)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

none

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tag. Please don't tag issues yourself. Tags are for keeping track of issues (organisationwise)

Message 1 of 16 (1,699 Views)

Re: Exomech Suit Color Won't Change

Hero
@FluoriteCrystal what do you mean by you bought them from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Novice

I went to the gallery and bought a room filled with exosuits of every color.

Message 3 of 16 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is for all exomech suits. Every one turns beige and white when i put them on my sim. This also happens for every new game I start with that sim.

Message 4 of 16 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@FluoriteCrystal Are you sure you didn't buy it from some website?

You don't buy things from the gallery. Can you include a picture of the item in game?
Message 5 of 16 (1,615 Views)

Hero
@FluoriteCrystal Have you tried creating another robot arm/exomech suit and try that instead of a gallery download ?

Would you mind uploading your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

I meant download from the gallery. It costs simoleons to place a downloaded room from the gallery in your lot in the game, sorry for the confusion.

Message 7 of 16 (1,589 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@FluoriteCrystal

Well, you're right about that.

The items in the gallery can't give you anything that isn't already in your game. Although, if the gallery item contains CC, you won't get any of those. If you downloaded it and got the items, then you should be good.

If the items are changing color, then you're back to your original bug report and maybe @crinrict can help there.
Message 8 of 16 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try creating another arm or suit. The sims' name is Xi Iirik

Message 9 of 16 (1,583 Views)

Hero
@FluoriteCrystal Yeah I can duplicate this with your sim and another random Sim and suits downloaded from the gallery.

Currently don't have time to create a new one so let me know if you get the same result if you build one instead of download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,580 Views)