Re: [DU] [SE] [PSP] [DHD] University Majors New Careers Missing

by kusurusu

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] [DHD] Home Decorator career no benefits (from any degree)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all existing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enroll
What happens when the bug occurs? Interior Designer career isn't mentioned anywhere
What do you expect to see? new career being listed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have access to the GP10 career level data yet, so I can't tell if the same is true for performance, but according to the base game files none of the 13 majors grant you a head start in the newest career.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,035 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu With corporate you mean the salary person ? Seems to be possible to have a degree with that as mentioned in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-SE-Salary-Person-Degree-missing-from-Uni/td-p/9...

Or am I missing another career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictFirst two careers benefit from Communications/Computer Science/Fine Arts in every way, they're just not listed anywhere when enrolling.

Message 3 of 9 (2,995 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu Then I might misunderstand your report.

Are you reporting for all careers that they don't appear when enrolling or that they don't have any benefit at all ?

If there's not benefit at all for paranormal and home decor, I suggest editing your report, making it for the two only and use the linked thread for the salary person.

If the others are also just not showing for enrollment, then I will merge the threads and make it more general.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,981 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Paranormal Investigator can be added to other thread, it's just the home decor career which is missing out completely.
Message 5 of 9 (2,974 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu OK. Can you edit this post to be home decorator only then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,963 Views)

Re: [DU] [DHD] Home Decorator career no benefits (from any degree)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

There's code in the Fine Arts degree. It's supposed to include Interior Decorator but it wasn't fully implemented. I don't use mods as I don't believe that you should need mods to make a game playable after spending thousands of dollars on it, but as with most packs it seems to be one of those things that you have to mod if you want it to work correctly because it doesn't appear there is a fix anywhere on the radar. Doesn't even appear that it's being acknowledged anywhere. There is a mod from modthesims that fixes it and it also fully implements the salary person that you mentioned. Salary person is in Communications and Computer sciences depending on which branch you take. The degrees do give you the boosts, but it doesn't give signing bonuses. Sims 4 eco lifestyle came out after uni and those careers both got implemented in correctly and fully, so it's not really feasible to say that they didn't implement it because it came out after. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,100 Views)

Re: [DU] [DHD] Home Decorator career no benefits (from any degree)

★★ Pro
Please fix. :/
Message 8 of 9 (2,039 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] [DHD] Home Decorator career no benefits (from any degree)

★ Guide

My sim have 3 degrees, 2 which are art related, but none of them benefits Home Decor career even if they should.

I started my save with the Home Decor career in mind, but bc no degree seem to benefit it, I've decided to change my goal to getting all degrees possible. But would be nice if a degree did benefit the HD career.

Message 9 of 9 (1,186 Views)