[DU] Can't fully zoom in on basement level at Larry's Lagoon. Sound is muffled.

by nnonva

Original Post

[DU] Can't fully zoom in on basement level at Larry's Lagoon. Sound is muffled.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up to Cottage Living, including kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Larry's Lagoon lot (found in Britechester's Foxburysub-region, from Discover University) enter build mode and turn half of the lot into a basement. Using Sims 3 camera, attempt to zoom in to the basement's floor. Enter live mode, and send a sim down into said basement. As with build mode, attempt to zoom in close to the floor, or instead attempt to track the sim you sent down. Additionally, make the sim perform a noisy action (talking, singing, listening to music, watching TV).
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to zoom into the floor of a basement level in Larry's Lagoon, it will seem as if the camera is stopped by the basement's ceiling. Note this only happens on basement rooms, trying the same on empty basement areas will have the camera reach the desired position. Aditionally, sound pertaining to activities within the basement will be muffled. This is near identical to an already solved bug, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Can-t-fully-zoom-in-on-basement-level-Sound-is-muffled/t...
What do you expect to see? For the camera to reach the basement's floor height, as it does in (as far as I know) all other lots other than Larry's Lagoon.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe I might have first had the idea to build an underground lab at Larry's Lagoon (hence encountering the issue) back when StrangerVille came out, but I'm not entirely sure. Ashamed to say I just gave up and let it be instead of reporting it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (842 Views)

Re: [DU] Can't fully zoom in on basement level at Larry's Lagoon. Sound is muffl

★★★ Novice

Experiencing the same thing at Hillside Haven. Kinda off on the first level basement, unable to zoom at all on the second level basement. I'm on Xbox so no CC here.

Message 2 of 2 (685 Views)