Re: DS 4 Controller button mappings weird

by 12331414214

Original Post

DS 4 Controller button mappings weird

★★★★★ Newbie

Good evening folks,

I had a perfectly fine working Battlefield 2042 game with my DS 4 Controller plugged in directly, the game detected the controller layout perfectly , but unfortunately my main SSD died, so I had to reinstall windows on another, I loaded back up the game, the controller detects as Xbox - the  Dpad is swapped with the action buttons X O Square Triangle,  the trigger buttons are now what I used to access an option in the game and go back, I join  a match my character looks down the the ground immediately. I expend all resources, reinstalled the game, used Steam controller option, tired X360 tool, DS4 tool and the issue persists. Is folks at EA working to fix this ? or is it just me ? , Any assistance will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3 (136 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue in fifa but on generic gamepad 

any solutions?

Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So my current work around is to set origin as a non steam game, add the origin exe to your library on steam, then open origin via steam , make sure overlay is enabled for both steam and origins then run the game , the controller still shows as Xbox but the layout issue is corrected.

But we shouldn't have to do this amount of crap to get it working partially in the first place , cod has a +1 up on battleifled for PC cause they have no controller issues .. 

Message 3 of 3 (75 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help