by anikohuiber

Original Post

[DO] Wrong Chef Shows up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP08: 1.assets.ml-ep08.118
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs; City Living; Cottage Living; Discover University; Eco Lifestyle; Get Famous; Get to Work; Island Living; Seasons; Snowy Escape; Dine Out; Dream Home Decorator; Outdoor Retreat; Parenthood; Realm of Magic; Spa Day; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Fitness Stuff; Laundry Day Stuff; Moschino Stuff; Nifty Knitting Stuff; Paranormal Stuff; Perfect Patio; Spooky Stuff; Tiny Living; Toddler Stuff; Vintage Glamour; Industrial Loft Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To have a restaurant with an oven and a chef. Open and watch what the chef does.
What happens when the bug occurs? I hire a chef then open for the day. A different chef shows up to the one I hired and stands out the front of my restaurant doing nothing. I have checked if the kitchen is accessible which it is. I have disabled bb.moveobjects cheat. Customers still arrive and can make orders.
What do you expect to see? The chef that I've hired to enter the kitchen and cook the orders made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I recently purchased the Industrial Loft Kit and have a significant amount of the furniture and decorations in my restaurant.

Wrong Chef Stuck Outside Restaurant

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (1,235 Views)

Re: Wrong Chef Shows up and Won't enter restaurant

Hero
@AmyThornton12 There's a thread here for the Chef getting stuck: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DO-Chef-won-t-enter-the-restaurant/td-p/6778984

As for it being the wrong one: Which wolrd is your restaurant at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,188 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. If you reset the chef, they will go and work. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,170 Views)

Hero
@anikohuiber Both issues or just the chef not entring ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,152 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i’ve had both issues first, but then I’ve tried on a different lot, second time there was the chef J’ve hired but still didn’t go inside. I solved the issue by resetting it, but now I can’t use any restaurant at all in that save. The restaurants doesn’t load at all. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,146 Views)

Hero
@anikohuiber Which neighborhood is your restaurant at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,126 Views)

★★ Apprentice

First it was in newcrest, than I tried it in willow creek, than oasis springs. It was the same issue. I also tried with different builds, downloaded from the gallery, etc. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,113 Views)

Hero
@anikohuiber Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,106 Views)

[ Edited ]

@anikohuiber 

Just encountered this chef problem, but my sims were only at the restaurant to go to the bar (LOL) so i sort of ignored it, ya know?, and let them go about their business.  I'll try this next time (I should have thought of it), and thank you.

(Will I ever learn to remember to put the SN of the person to whom I am replying at the top of the post?!)

Message 9 of 14 (1,099 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sure, I’ll do that later today. Thanks! 

Message 10 of 14 (1,083 Views)