by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Sims leave restaurant before being served

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Seasons, City Living, Get together, Get To Work, Dine out, Parenthood, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, Toddle Sfuff, Fitness Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a Restaurant and you'll see Sims leaving before their food is cooked even no matter their rating. It occurs more often with custom Restaurants.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims leave the restaurant without the food being delivered no matter their rating.
What do you expect to see? Sims stay and eat if they have a rating of 2 or above.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims leave restaurant before being served even if they have a 4 star rating.

I'm losing money.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag, added base game version

Message 1 of 10 (2,825 Views)

Re: Sims leave restaurant before being served

Hero
@Chindaddy0913 Is this something that started with today's patch ? You posted an EP version number, what's your base game one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,804 Views)

Re: Sims leave restaurant before being served

★★★★★ Apprentice

Restaurants were Broken before the patch, todays patch just annihilated them.  My cooks wont even enter the restaurants now, they just stand outside.  Why cant EA ever fix these issues? 

Message 3 of 10 (2,796 Views)

Diners scribble on notepad then leave Restaurants

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a restaurant, debug chef at the edge of the lot so they will actually do their job. Wait and watch customers.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some customers/parties will randomly do 1 of two similar things: 1: stand upright after their food is delivered, scribble on a notepad (like the food critics do), and then leave the lot without eating OR 2: stand upright after their food is delivered, scribble on a notepad, pick up their food and beverage, place it on the ground, and then leave.
What do you expect to see? Sims eat their meal on the table and then leave. Only food critics should scribble on a pad, and do so while sitting and eating their meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also of note:
None of the sims that I have witnessed do it so far are food critics. This is occurring alongside during the current dine-out bug where chefs don't enter the lot unless they are debugged each time the lot is loaded.

Thank you

Message 4 of 10 (2,783 Views)

Re: Diners scribble on notepad then leave Restaurants

Hero
@SappySifaka Merging this with the other thread on customers just leaving the lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,762 Views)

Re: [DO] Sims leave restaurant before being served

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (2,728 Views)

Dine out: costumers leaving shortly after being seated

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, seasons, cats and dogs, university, city living, island living, cottage living, dine out, parenthood, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, tiny living, laundry day, nifty knitting, movie hangout, romantic garden, moschino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a restaurant, open it and play in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Costumers are leaving the restaurant my sim owns shortly after being seated or they don't sit at all. They are not making any orders, the star above their head just disappears and they leave immediately. The costumer count remains 0 even after recieving many costumers. Restaurant is not making any money. One of my restaurants has this issue 100% of the time, the other seems less affected (about 50%). I don't have any cc in them and I've removed all cc from my game. The issue still persists. Also, the chef won't enter my restaurant and cook unless resetted.
What do you expect to see? Costumers actually making orders before leaving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Dine out has been working fine until recently (besides the chef bug and some other minor issues). I've noticed this last couple of days.

Message 7 of 10 (2,615 Views)

Re: Dine out: costumers leaving shortly after being seated

Hero
@AnickaKr I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Could you send your save game to Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,585 Views)

Re: [DO] Sims leave restaurant before being served

Hero
@Chindaddy0913 @SappySifaka @AnickaKr

Do any of you have the fast eater perk: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Fast-Eaters-perk-causing-restaurant-problems/m-p/11364612 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,448 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims leave restaurant before being served

★★★★★ Pro

Before april 18th this would happen all the time. Now I haven't seen this when playing in a restaurent for about 3 hours (irl). I think its safe to say its been fixed 

Message 10 of 10 (1,443 Views)