Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Sims cancel eating in restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 154.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a played Sim invite an NPC friend to a restaurant. Observe them and the other guests.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both your played Sim and the NPC guests will stop eating at some point of their conversation. The eating symbol disappears from the queue. While you can let your played Sim continue to eat by simply giving the command, the NPC guest will not resume eating - no matter how many hours you wait. Also townies at other tables (though not all) will stop eating at some point. Sometimes they resume eating after a long time, sometimes the food vanishes from their plates. The issue affects only food, not drinks.
What do you expect to see? I expect all Sims to finish their meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the 08/08 patch.

My played Sim gets fat because he always has to finish his NPC friend's meal Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 80 (11,574 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims cancel eating in restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Awww, the fix works perfectly! Tested this in a restaurant with a played Sim and an NPC guest, both finished eating after drinking.

This was my priority #1 bug !!!

View in thread

Message 79 of 80 (1,173 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Apprentice
  1. The patch has stopped sims from taking others dishes but now any played sim and npc won’t finish there meal ?? It’s one thing after another and I hope we won’t have to wait another two months for them to patch it again Frown
Message 2 of 80 (11,443 Views)

Hero
@minaj04 Moved your post over to the thread for this issue.

Please press me too in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 80 (11,438 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Sims cancel eating in restaurants

★★ Guide
Yep. This is also happening in my game. The mechanics for dining out in The Sims 2 and The Sims 1 was well carried out. Standard smile
Message 4 of 80 (11,428 Views)

★ Pro

Went on 2 dates to a restaurant and the NPC date would not even start eating, drank her drink, but never touched the food.

Message 5 of 80 (11,419 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I just experienced this myself. My sim got invited on a date, we were sat quickly and did the command to order for table. Everyone in the restaurant stopped all actions. It took 3-4 hours for someone to come take our order and that was after having to reset everyone on the lot. When their food arrived they ate some but not all of their food. I had to pick it for lunch. When they got up to leave there was no option to end the meal. I thought maybe it was glitching bc it was also neighborhood brawl day. 

Message 6 of 80 (11,400 Views)

★★ Novice

How do we fix the problem?

Message 7 of 80 (11,298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

i Think we have to wait for a patch update to see if it works. 

Message 8 of 80 (11,285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it has something to do with multitasking. Multitasking doesn´t seem to work properly in restaurants anymore. If Sims eat and drink at the same time, they will always finish their drink first, ´cause eat the meal takes longer . Normally, after finish their drink they go straight for food, but now they will not eat anymore after the drink is empty. You have to manually order them to finish eating. If my Sims don´t have a drink, they eat without problems. I always let my playable Sims drink the drink manually, and after that I give the order to eat. For the NPC you could try to order them no drink, until the bug is fixed.

Message 9 of 80 (11,243 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims cancel eating in restaurants

★★ Guide
@crinrict I observed a lot carefully and found that Sims tend to cancel eating their food once they finish their drink.
Message 10 of 80 (11,187 Views)