by AllyKennely

Original Post

[DO] Restaurant Staff show up in underwear

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs / City Living / Discover University / Eco Lifestyle / Get Famous / Get to Work / Get Together / Island Living / Seasons / Snowy Escape / Dine Out / Jungle Adventure / Outdoor Retreat / Parenthood / Realm of Magic / Spa Day / Journey to Batuu / Strangerville / Vampires / Backyard Stuff / Bowling Night Stuff / Cool Kitchen Stuff / Fitness Stuff /Kids Room Stuff / Laundry Day Stuff / Moschino Stuff / Movie Hangour Stuff / Nifty Knitting Stuff / Romantic Garden Stuff / Tiny Living / Toddler Stuff / Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing in a restaurant with altered outfits for the staff. I had it happen with default outfits too, but not at such a steady rate.
What happens when the bug occurs? The restaurant staff shows up in their underwear. In cas they are all dressed (in thier daily wear), they are all EA created sims, so I can't be missing a pack which makes their clothes disappear. It is purely the dine out staff uniforms they seem to struggle with.
What do you expect to see? Clothed restaurant staff.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pc Specs: 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC (6GB dedicated video RAM)

SSD: Kingston A400 480GB 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (1,454 Views)

Re: Restaurant Stuff show up in underwear

Hero
@AllyKennely If you go to the restaurant and check the outfits changing screen, are there still set ?

If you re-set their outfit, does it stick or get lost again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

When I click to change the outfits it brings me straight to cas, it won't let me select defaults. When I accept the look in cas it goes back to live mode with nothing changed. The outfits are none responsive. I can not alter, select or wear any of them. I can see them on a mannequin in CaS and that is about it. 

Message 3 of 17 (1,434 Views)

Hero
@AllyKennely Finally got around to test this and in my restaurants they still wear the outfits they're supposed to.

There is this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DO-CD-Un-changable-staff-work-uniform/td-p/9333496 that can also affect the outfit you choose but yours sounds a bit different, especially since you can't select defaults. It's like those were deleted.

Have you ever tested a fresh save to see if you have the same issue there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,359 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict That seems to solve it, suppose it is a glitch in either the simsie save or something that came along as I played. Odd, but at least it is not a lasting thing. Thank you for your help.
Message 5 of 17 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictNevermind, I thought it did but it did not. It seems that the problem is with certain items when on vacation. The heads of the aliens in batuu, waiters when vacationing in Sulani etc...when I live there, it is all fine. It is when I am vacationing that it immediately occurs.

Message 6 of 17 (1,334 Views)

Hero
@AllyKennely Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,306 Views)

Hero
@AllyKennely Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (1,258 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I sent is when you asked last time, must have done something wrong then I suppose, even though I followed the instructions.

I shall try again.

Message 9 of 17 (1,242 Views)

Hero
@AllyKennely My apologies. I see now that you sent it (I even read it but didn't download your save to my todo queue)

I tested your save and got a item removed message on your Sim who's now running around in a sweater and underwear. Did you use any cc on her ?

The restaurant is totally fine for me. All waiters are dressed and I can change the outfits it without issues (although I'm taken to CAS to edit the default ones .. can't remember if that was always the case or not).

Is the sulani one the only restaurant you have issues with ?

(the batuu masks are a known bug)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (1,228 Views)