Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Dishes not being cleaned/disposed of

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, City Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Seasons, Parenthood, Vampires, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place Chez Llama restaurant from Gallery and attempt to run it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Playable sim and waiters not disposing of dishes. Multiple dishes will be placed together in a stack, and then placed back on the table instead of bringing them to a waiter station, sink, or garbage can.
What do you expect to see? Dishes should be disposed of, not placed back on a table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Recently purchased Dine Out and placed the Chez Llama restaurant from the gallery. Waiters and the playable restaurant owner sim don't dispose of dishes, but instead just collect them in a big stack and place them back on the table. I've attempted to remove and replace the waiter stations, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 28 (9,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Dishes not being cleaned/disposed of

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as a solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (2,316 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dine Out - Dishes not being cleaned/disposed of

Hero
@primitive137 The Chez Llama lot has an issue with stairs. Do they need to use the stairs to get from the tables to the kitchen ? (not sure how it's build currently)

If so, could you try these workarounds and see if it solves the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (9,241 Views)

Hero
@primitive137 Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (9,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi I still have this issue in my restaurant build and my build doesn't have stairs. I have no mods in my game.

Message 4 of 28 (9,152 Views)

Hero
@CreepyCatMom Did you test multiple restaurants to see if it's a general issue or an issue in that build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 28 (9,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes made two different restaurants on seperate save files. All with the requirements for the build to function. I even added two waiters stations and two dishwashers and two sinks into one of the builds to see if that would make a difference. The sims pick up the dishes, they don't wave their arms like they normally do when something is not working. The task just seems to cut out no matter how many times I select it. 

Message 6 of 28 (9,121 Views)

Hero
@CreepyCatMom The behavior is typical for when they can't get to some of the dishes on the lot. Do you have any shelves or half walls in those restaurants that have dishes on them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (9,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrictHanging pot racks, and some of the wall cabinets can also result in Sims not recognizing a dishwasher/sink underneath. The pot rack issue can be solved by using MOO and alt-moving them so that there is half a grid tile free. I remember someone reporting that even some windows can be a problem, but I haven't experienced that one.

I've also had one restaurant where there was a fireplace mantle that wasn't sufficiently cluttered, and the waitstaff would plonk dirty dish stacks there as well rather than take them to either waiter station available. Putting some decorations on the snap points of the mantle seemed to fix it.

Message 8 of 28 (9,083 Views)

★★ Novice

No dishes on the shelves. I will try remove some things and move stuff around and see what happens. Thanks for your replies. 

Message 9 of 28 (9,078 Views)

★★ Pro
@CreepyCatMom Forgot to mention, I also have one restaurant where the waiters invariably plonk the dirty dish stack right on the table where my Sims are eating, but my Sims don't seem to mind at all.

It all seems to get cleaned up the next time they visit the restaurant. There's probably something in the way somewhere which I haven't figured out yet, because... Sims.
Message 10 of 28 (9,073 Views)