★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. .
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug .
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What should be happening instead? .

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. I was in the menu after updating the driver from the GeForce experience application.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09/09/18
Summarize your bug I am unable to activate the DLSS feature from Nvidia.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am just unable to use the DLSS feature that is all.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to use the DLSS feature.

Every time I would like to try out the DLSS feature the option shows up as grayed out, and I am unsure as to why that is.

Message 1 of 5 (151 Views)

Re: DLSS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As I know, in Anthem it is enabled only beyond fullhd ( > 1920x1080)

Message 2 of 5 (132 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm not positive but they may have temporarily removed DLSS to fix performance issues related to it as well as other bugs. I have a GTX 1060 6Gb and not this current patch but the patch we had almost a month ago now I was able to turn on Nvidia DLSS in anthem on my 1060 for some reason even though my card does not support it. After this latest patch the DLSS option was completely removed for me in-game, and sounds like it's grayed out or not working for others even if they have a compatible card.

Something tells me they are working on fixing DLSS, but it's certainly not at the top of their list right now.

I think they are more focused on future content and the loot system, which right now are far greater concerns.

Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This should be correct, you´ll need a 1440p or higher resolution monitor for it to allow you to use the DLSS option and also you´ll need to have an RTX gpu for it to allow you to use the DLSS option.
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Additional to needing a higher than HD resolution you can find videos on youtube that show DLSS doesnt work well with Anthem causing a really unsharp game experience and thus can not be recommended to use at this point.

The reason is simple. DLSS does nothing else but to use a lower resolution than the monitor upscaling the graphics.

Reports also said that using a lower resolution manually actually gives better results than with DLSS at this point. That info is a few weeks old but I doubt something has changed that fast.

Message 5 of 5 (98 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help