★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 2700x EVGA RTX 2080TI FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Menu - Video Options
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/26/2019 PST
Summarize your bug The DLSS option is greyed out. I have an EVGA RTX 2080TI FTW3 Ultra Gaming Video card. I have the most up to date drivers installed for everything. I am on a 1440P monitor at 150hz.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open video options....
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to turn on the DLSS feature.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to turn the feature on....

I have searched around an some people suggested a work around via the Nvidia Gforce experience App. Turning the settings to the lowest optimization option. This did not work for me the option is still greyed out. DLSS works fine for me in Metro Exodus. I do not play battle field V but I saw a post about battle field V saying that if you had a 2080TI you can only turn on DLSS if you have a 4k monitor. I hope this is not the case. No one wants to intentionally play this game at 60 or less FPS.....

Message 1 of 8 (2,136 Views)

Re: DLSS Option is Greyed out, 2080Ti on 1440p Monitor

★★ Novice

The only way to get around this is go to geforce experience, select anthem then select as shown in the picture attached. Then when in game boost all the other settings back up. This is really silly that we have to go to these lengths to get advertised features working on the more expensive card. Anyway, I hope this helps,

dlss.jpg

Message 2 of 8 (2,103 Views)

Community Manager

@Gabi1987 @Tetsuoshema 

There are a few requirements that need to be met in order to use DLSS, check my post over here.

Thanks.

barry.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So ea/bioware intentionally is removing options from the higher end card? That makes no sense, the benefits of dlss is present @1440p with a 2080ti and it works just fine as evidenced by my work around and notably increases the frame rate.

Why remove options from some when the hardware and software already works just fine outside of the artificial limiting of the option?

Message 4 of 8 (2,085 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not really, They built the functionality into the game, but DLSS on anything less than 4k Native. They do enable DLSS  on 1440p if you enable DSR in the Nvidia control panel though. I havent heard any good or bad results from people using DLSS in conjunction with DSR. Let us know how it works.

Message 5 of 8 (2,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Gabi1987 I do not know how you turned DLSS on in gforece experience. It will not let me manually change settings only with that slider and no point on that slider enables dlss. I have to tell it I am on 4k resolution for it to turn dlss on.

@Zambrick DSR was aleady on "2.00x native resolution" and DSR smoothness was set to 33%. I do not see a way to turn it off honestly.
Message 6 of 8 (2,038 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately that is the only way right now

Set DSR to two x and set your resolution to 4K. DSR will allow you Downsample the 4K to fit you 1440p monitor

Nvidia wasn’t so smart when it came to the 4K decision. Especially when 4K is not the current most used resolution by PC players. Then again they did make ray tracing videos card compliant to the RTX brand

Who cares in their eyes that most of the Ray tracing is done via software and it really doesn’t have much to do with the card. But hey hairworks, am I right.

Message 7 of 8 (2,017 Views)

★★ Novice
Well done just tested and confirming it worked ... 2080ti @ 3840x1080 with dlss on maybe 5fps more... but heat from card maxing out...maybe that's the cause.. also you can tell dlss is on there is artifacts on main start loading page in the fabric ai gets confused... be nice if nvidia opened up api for community with rtx to parallel compute the training for dlss at desired resolutions...may be an interesting project for someone to start and collaborate with nvidia supercomputers by opening the doors like seti at home but dlss train at home...pick your game pick your resolution and see how many ppl contribute their ai cores overnight to train it...
Message 8 of 8 (1,982 Views)
Twitter Stream