DJ Autonomy forces you to play custom mixtapes

by Snekaholic

Original Post

DJ Autonomy forces you to play custom mixtapes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your Sim's DJ skill to lvl 10, create a custom mixtape, use a DJ booth to play any genre and watch the autonomy do it's thing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your Sim will play the selected genre for about a moment, then autonomy forces them to stop playing the selected genre and forces one of your custom mixtapes in instead.
What do you expect to see? My DJ playing the genre i chose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if i'm the first one to experience this, nor am i sure if we can even call this a bug, but it's really annoying to be limited in what music i can play, since i do enjoy listening to the ingame music a lot.
I've found a workaround for this, by just disabling autonomy for my selected sim and being locked onto the DJ. However, i'd also like to control some other sims without issues, and it's bothering me that i have to disable the autonomy just for that.

Message 1 of 3 (476 Views)

My DJ Sim Will Only Play Mix Tape

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just maxed out the DJ skill, and had my sim make a mix tape (Mix-o-lot).

However, now when I have her play any other music genre on the DJ station, she will interupt the action after 10 seconds in to play her custom mix tape instead. She'll repeat this for as many times as I try to play a different genre of music.

I've tried cheating by sending her back to DJ lvl 1 and back to see if that would fix it, but the problem still occurs . . .

Does anyone know of a fix?

Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: My DJ Sim Will Only Play Mix Tape

Hero
@RandalRex13 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)