by Kolbeh2010

Original Post

[DHD] Modular wall shelves and dressers getting shadowed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangervillie, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal stuff, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, my first pet stuff, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night, vintage glamor, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio, and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I first noticed this glitch in a city living apartment, more specifically the VIII Landgraab apartment in the uptown district. I’ve noticed this glitch in other apartments and lot builds as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall shelves,dresser, and one of the smaller nightstands from dream home decorator turns black and gets all shadowed out.
What do you expect to see? Non shadowed dream home decorator furniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dear, sim team
Ive noticed a glitch in the newest game pack dream home decorator. Most of the wall shelves and new closet systems turn completely black and shadowed in certain lighting, this also happens to one of the smaller nightstands and the dresser from this pack. Like I said above, I first noticed this glitch in a city living apartment, more specifically the VIII Landgraab apartment in the uptown district. I’ve noticed this glitch in other apartments and lot builds as well. I hope this is enough information. Thank you.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,724 Views)

Re: Dream home decorator modular wall shelves and dressers getting shadowed

Hero
@Kelprender Since they fixed an issue with the sofas, do you still have issues with this after the latest patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,650 Views)

Hero
@Kelprender Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes but I’ve just found ways to work around it. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,598 Views)

Re: [DHD] Modular wall shelves and dressers getting shadowed

★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem also, with the VIII Landgraab apartment. The shelving gets darker to the floor. Requires a lot of lighting tricks. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,383 Views)

Re: [DHD] Modular wall shelves and dressers getting shadowed

★★★ Newbie

How do you deal with this issue? I struggle with the same thing in nearly all of the second floor apartment in city living.

Message 6 of 6 (788 Views)