Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] Denim Jacket: Males only with no gender filter/females missing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go into CAS. 2. Choose a male Sim. 3. Go to the tops category. 4. Remove the masculine filter. 5. Filter by Dream Home Decorator. 6. There will be a denim jacket that is not accessible otherwise.
What happens when the bug occurs? The denim jacket does not appear in the catalogue when the masculine filter is enabled.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the denim jacket in the catalogue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not a big issue but still.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 17 (2,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DHD] Denim Jacket: Males only with no gender filter/females missing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• The ymTop_GP10JeanJacket will now appear in the catalog as a feminine style choice.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (983 Views)

All Replies

Sim spawning into CAS with items that cannot be accessed without cheats/mods

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and create a female sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim loads into CAS wearing a top item that is not available without the use of mods/isn't available by regular means.
What do you expect to see? Sims loading into CAS only wearing tops that an unmodded game would have access to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attatched is an image of the top in question, alongside the top unlocked via the use of a mod. This top is not available without said mod/cheats but I loaded into the game with no cheats or mods in use. Therefore spawning in with that top should not have been possible.

This was done on a new game to. The mod was not installed when the Sim spawned into CAS with the top.

Message 1 of 17 (2,067 Views)

Re: Sim spawning into CAS with items that cannot be accessed without cheats/mods

Hero
@AmyKittee Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ? Did you just disable or move the mods folder to the desktop ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,061 Views)

Re: Sim spawning into CAS with items that cannot be accessed without cheats/mods

★★ Novice

Hi,

Mods were only disabled, still in the folder, and no I didn't delete the cache. It was my first time launching the game since the last patch.

But none of the mods I have should affect CAS or come with CC.

It's not a huge deal, it's not gamebreaking or anything lol, I just wanted to mention it because I've heard of others having similar things happen.

Message 3 of 17 (2,035 Views)

Hero

HI @AmyKittee 

could be then that the mods are in fact still active (which would not make it a bug)

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If you report something here, it becomes someone's problem to try test so it's best if we can see if it's a real problem or just a cc that might have been still active in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,033 Views)

Unlockable Clothing Top not available at top of Interior Decorator career

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim join the Interior Decorator career. Get promoted to level 10 of the career. Enter CAS and sort by Dream Home Decorator pack and view Tops. One of the unlockable clothing options is not in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothing top is not available to my Sim who is at the top of the Interior Decorator career. The top is in the game files, it can be viewed in Sims 4 Studio. The game can also randomly generate this top for Sims who age up and for townies, but there is no way to access this top otherwise.
What do you expect to see? The clothing top is available to my Sim who is at the top of the Interior Decorator career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

https://twitter.com/lairdb26/status/1420232002976968705

You can see a Sim wearing this top in the linked tweet. The top isn't shown in the CAS assets on the Origin game listing, so maybe it was never meant to be included in the pack. But it still is accessible in game via randomization.

The asset name is yfTop_GP10JeanJacket

Message 6 of 17 (2,093 Views)

Re: Unlockable Clothing Top not available at top of Interior Decorator career

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BLOOPsarah Merging this with the other thread on that jacket. Seems it's conflicting info when it shows up. 

Maybe it's not showing for female at all and for makes only with removed filters ?

Will need to check my game.

Are you sure it's an unlockable ? It does show for males without being level 10 if you either choose both genders or none.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,062 Views)

Hero
@AmyKittee Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (1,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, I’m not sure if it’s unlockable. Just assuming it is because it is missing from CAS. The asset I was talking about is the female top.

Apparently there is a mod to fix it. Seems the top isn’t tagged properly. From comments on that mod:

The female jacket is missing the "ShowInUI" tag in the CAS Part in the Warehouse, it's in the section called "PartFlags" - MizoreYukii

CM Edit: Do not use link shorteners or link to Mods on Answers HQ. 

Message 9 of 17 (2,036 Views)

★ Guide

The jacket does look more suited for female frames indeed so the way it's tagged seems even more faulty than I thought. I've never seen it on female NPCs before, just found it in CAS by chance.

Message 10 of 17 (1,950 Views)