[DHD] Got a gig for a vacant Residential lot

by mmmtacobaguett

Original Post

[DHD] Got a gig for a vacant Residential lot

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Vampires, My First Pet, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Interior Decorator career, look through the Residential gigs (mine was a level renovation for Ragdoll Refurb in Brindleton Bay), check if any of the gigs are for vacant lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you take the gig and go to the lot when prompted, you will not be able to knock on the door, since nobody lives there. Additionally, completing the client-less gig resulted in excessive pay.
What do you expect to see? Residential gigs for inhabited lots only.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Home Decorator.

As an interior decorator, I selected a level renovation gig at Ragdoll Refurb in Brindleton Bay. Unbeknownst to me, this is a vacant lot. I arrived to the gig and could not knock on the door since nobody lived there (screenshot attached). There was no client to receive specifications from either.

I could still complete the gig (click on you sim to send "client" away, click on your sim to take before pics and move inside the house while in camera mode, enter build mode to do renovations, take after pics the same way as before pics, call "client" back to lot and choose not to host reveal event). After doing renovations and revealing without the event, I was paid 14000 simoleons, which I'm pretty sure is far above what I was supposed to get for the gig (between 500 and 700 I would think, although I don't know if I ever checked the gig payout).

Message 1 of 6 (1,298 Views)

Re: [DHD] Got a gig for a vacant Residential lot

Hero
@mmmtacobaguett Sounds kinda funny. Was Ragdoll Refurb the family name on the gig picker ? Has anyone ever lived there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@crinrict I don't know, unfortunately. I usually have MCCC in my game, so it's hard to know if anyone lived there and died or if it's always been vacant. I am 99% sure that the gig did have an actual family name. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I'll look through the townies and see if I recognize a name.

Message 3 of 6 (1,282 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

After looking through the townies, I'm inconclusive :/

Message 4 of 6 (1,277 Views)

Hero
@mmmtacobaguett Maybe someone else gets the same and can provide some extra info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,267 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Ragdoll Refurb starts out a a vacant lot in BB.
Message 6 of 6 (1,190 Views)