Original Post

Accepted Solution

[DHD] Gig makes sims leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select a gig for the home decorator career. And go the the gig lot and knock on the door.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims living on the lot leaves automatically when my sim knock on the door.
What do you expect to see? The sims living on the lot should stay so my sim can stay and talk to them so my sim can finnish the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed sims 4 Dream home decorator pack

Hello, 

So I just installed the new Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator Pack and I can't complete any gig since the sims (living on the lot where the gig is) leaves when my sim knocks on the door. And the gig can't be completed. If I cancel the gig the sims living on the lot return immediately. 

Please help! 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 37 (4,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 dream home decorator gig makes sims leave

[ Edited ]
Hero

@annabaanan To be sure: You waited until the actual time of the gig and not just travel there ?

That goes to everyone really.

This is how it should work

1- You accept a gig.
2. The gig usually starts at 9 AM the next day.
3. An hour before you get a popup stating that your gig will start in an hour
4. At time of the gig you are automatically taken to the house if you choose to do so, you can also send them alone.
5. Knock on the door.
6. Folks should be in

I played quite a few gigs and never had an issue so just wanting to make sure it's not that

Also, please keep bug reports on topic. If you have other issues, make your own thread (test without mods beforehand).

Please use this thread if you don't get a pop-up: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-gets-no-option-to-go-to-dream-decorator-job/td-p/10394468

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 37 (4,951 Views)

All Replies

Client's Not home and invisible Dream Home Decorator

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I show up to the client's house they are invisible
What happens when the bug occurs? when using the new interior decorator career
What do you expect to see? When I show up to the client's house they are invisible
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help

Message 2 of 37 (4,387 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here!!! I was so excited to be done with work today so I could enjoy the newest installation!!!

Message 3 of 37 (4,813 Views)

★★ Novice

well this is super disappointing. I just installed everything so I am ready to play and this is a massive issue that makes the game unplayable. 

Message 4 of 37 (4,774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a somewhat related issue. Whenever my sim goes to the gig lot, it says "no one lives here."

Message 5 of 37 (4,750 Views)

Betreff: Sims 4 dream home decorator gig makes sims leave

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@annabaananNot sure if this could fix this but maybe you could try resetting the sims living on the lot with the resetsim-cheat. For example if the sim is names Mortimer Goth, you type Resetsim Mortimer Goth in the cheat console.

I had a different issue where , whenever my decorator sim traveled to the lot he'd be working on, he left and there appeared a bubble that said "at work", when I cancelled it, the gig was over. I seem to have fixed it with the resetsim-cheat, tho.

Still, it is annoying and frankly pretty unacceptable imho. How is this game so buggy to a point it is unplayable on release day? Doesn't Maxis playtest anything at all? You'd think a billion dollar company would know how to code, sheesh...

Message 6 of 37 (4,730 Views)

★★ Novice

Ugh same. I was wondering why the client section was blank. Reading your post made me realize that the clients leave when my sim arrives at the gig, inhibiting the ability to learn client likes and dislikes. 

Super disappointing. 

Message 7 of 37 (4,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also have a blank client section but the sims are in their house so I don’t know what’s going on Frown I ask each one of them for their preferences but I don’t get any so I can’t make the renovation based on their likes and dislikes, it’s so frustrating!!!

Message 8 of 37 (4,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem. When I arrived the customer's house, there are no people in the house so I can not understand their favorite likes or hobbies. We also can understand the preferences of customers by investigating items in the house with the game tips, but it did not provide "survey" of items interactive instructions. Is this another text error?

Message 9 of 37 (4,649 Views)

★ Novice

My sim goes invisible when i get to the lot and i cant do any tasks or even talk to the client

Message 10 of 37 (4,605 Views)