Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] Gig completion pop up not appearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover university, City Living, Cottage Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Tiny Living, Paranormal Stuff, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete a dream home decorator gig
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon gig completion, the pay (or lack thereof) will come through and the notification menu in the top right will tell you how it went but the pop up that normally appears telling you the money earned, reputation gained/lost, and asking whether you want to stay on lot or go home does not appear. If you then switch to another sim in your household who is at home the Sim who was at the gig will be stuck at the clients house with a flashing red work icon saying they are at work with no option to bring them home as well as the flashing exclamation point over their icon. You have to travel with the Sim from the clients lot directly or they will be stuck there
What do you expect to see? the pop up appear and to be given the option to stay or leave as well as for the workday to end properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started with the most recent update on July 26th 2022 (v number 1.90.358.1230)

I have tested this 4 times and it has happened every time. I had no mods installed at the time of playing (mods and cc were turned off entirely due to the update)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 295 (22,905 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Gig completion pop up not appearing

Hero

Sims will no longer be stuck on client's lots after completing a home decorator gig.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 295 of 295 (1,710 Views)

All Replies

Re: [DHD] Gig completion pop up not appearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and often they don't even get paid and won't return home autonomously even after 9pm (when the gigs end). This issue was happening with Paranormal Investigators before and it made the pack unplayable, I'm sad to see it happening to DHD just as I was really enjoying that career!

Message 2 of 295 (22,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Have the same issue, after revealing the changes, my Sim gets paid (no pop up though) and just stays on Clients lot without an option to leave, and when gig end time comes (9 PM), pop up shows and says I've earned 0 simoleons. Tested this like 4 times - with mods/cc, without mods/cc, deleted localthumbcache.package file, it was the same all the times. Now trying to verify game files on Steam, as it is the last thing I can think of doing.

Edit: It did not work. Still broken Frown

Edit 2: Pretty much same thing happens as in the comment below.

Message 3 of 295 (22,666 Views)

Dream Home Decorator End of Gig

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All just missing some CAS kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a Interior Decorator Gig and make sure to show it off yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? When I finish the day I get paid but I do not receive the normal pop - up about it and I don't think I'm able to get promoted either. Also i have to click on my sim and select go home or the work day does not officially end.
What do you expect to see? I expect the end of the work day popup and for the work day to end without having to manually travel home via clicking the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think it is all explained ^^^ to the best of my ability. 

Message 4 of 295 (22,631 Views)

sims 4 dream home decorator

★ Apprentice

I just got dream home decorator and when I went to the client and completed the job there was no pop-up to tell about the money or my sims reputation. It will not give me the option to leave once the job is complete. 

I have even removed my mods and tried again with a new gig however the same thing happens. 

Please can someone help?

Message 5 of 295 (22,449 Views)

Re: sims 4 dream home decorator

Hero
@Ashcat1216 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 295 (22,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

hi @ALittleBitAlexa 

did you get a solution?

Message 7 of 295 (22,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. My sim will finish the job and do not get a pop up and the only way i can get them to go home is by using the phone to travel there. I tested if i could have her stay in the lot until the gig was done, and by night time i got a pop up that i had earned 0 simoleons, even though the clients loved the job, and got sent home automatically. I really hope this gets fixed soon

Message 8 of 295 (22,295 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Someone going to fix this sometime this century or...?

My decorator isn't even getting paid for their work.

Job not listed as a follow career.

Job ends weirdly. The reveal bit never ticks off even though it gets done and client gets to the ready to talk stage. Once you do that job just vanishes, and you get no query to stay or leave.

After a good 10-20 minutes real time the job kicks you off the lot and decorator "earns 0" $ or whatever the units are supposed to be.

Special thanks to High School years patches Teeth bared

Message 9 of 295 (21,930 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue on PS4, no option to go home and no pop up after the job is completed.

Message 10 of 295 (21,851 Views)